Hobie's horrible hoarding hovel

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Hobie's horrible hoarding hovel

Post by pierrot »

That's a lot more story than I was expecting, but all's well that ends well, I guess. (As long as that person is actually okay.) I hadn't realized there was a demo for Einhander out there. Pretty cool.

Compile shooters are pretty great. It would be nice if they were a little less expensive, though. I've heard that the US Power Strike was a mail-in order from Sega, so as much as I'd like to have it, I think the cover artwork lacks a little to be desired--which is actually saying on the SMS--and the rarity of it will probably keep it out of my hands. If I ever get a MK-III, I'll probably just pour my efforts into getting Aleste instead. I don't think it's that outrageous to have both the US and EU copy, though.

How long ago did you acquire all those Power Strikes, by the way? (GG Aleste and GG Power Strike II included.)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Yeah, PS for SMS was mail order, but supposedly a few did end up in stores later on somewhere.

*checks acquisition sheet*

I obtained those games thusly:

PS SMS - Jun 2006 - This was cart and a slightly beat book only. It was eventually sold a year or year and a half ago.
PS SMS - Dec 2008 - Complete US copy.
PSII GG - Jun 2009 - European cart and book.
GG Aleste - Jan 2010 - Japanese cart only.
PSII SMS - Mar 2010 - Australian cart and case. No manual unfortunately.
PS SMS - Apr 2010 - European cart and case.

So I got them all a bit ago when prices were generally slightly less bonkers. I also got lucky and got them lower than average price by doing a lot of waiting and searching, with a bit of luck too.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Added O², XB, 360, and a few odds and ends to consoles I'd already done.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Famicom and NES stuff up. I see I flubbed alphabetizing more than once as I was flipping from bookshelf order to groups of six. Ah well. CLose enough for now.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Very cool.

I'm curious, what games are on that famicom bootleg cart? I can make out mahjong, Mario, and Sailor Moon, so I wonder what else they put on there.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I don't recall a SM game on the yellow cart. I can check later. I probably should make lists for the 3 of them actually.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Hobie-wan wrote:I don't recall a SM game on the yellow cart. I can check later. I probably should make lists for the 3 of them actually.

The reason I ask is because I'm almost positive there weren't any Sailor Moon games on the famicom. It's possible that it could be one of these two games, but the image on the cart is from a Super Famicom game. Of course, neither one of those can really be considered a SM game, so now I'm really damn curious to see what that one image is hocking :lol:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Yeah, no SM games on that cart. Out of the 7 pictures on there, only 3 roughly related to stuff on it. :lol:

Added GC and Wii games as well as screenshot lists for the GC and Famicom bootleg carts.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Half work day so mini update. Added Sega CD, PS3, and Jaguar things.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Hobie-wan wrote:Yeah, no SM games on that cart. Out of the 7 pictures on there, only 3 roughly related to stuff on it. :lol:

What? No Sailor Moon game? And they replaced it with chess and mahjong?! Those deceptive, bootlegging bastards :lol:

Nice new additions, btw :)