Hobie's horrible hoarding hovel

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: Hobie's horrible hoarding hovel

Post by Hazerd »

I love "In The Hunt" played the Arcade version at an Airport, would love to get my hands on a Playstation copy.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

CRTGAMER wrote::lol: That steel controller must weigh a lot!

Just checked. A little over 8 1/2 pounds in the box.

@ Hazerd.

In The Hunt did come out in the US for Saturn as well. So maybe give you another option if you're looking to pick it up.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Hobie-wan wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote::lol: That steel controller must weigh a lot!

Just checked. A little over 8 1/2 pounds in the box.

@ Hazerd.

In The Hunt did come out in the US for Saturn as well. So maybe give you another option if you're looking to pick it up.

Going to pass, i dont have a Saturn and dont have any plans to ever pursue one, also In The Hunt is way too much on the Saturn, like most GOOD Saturn games...
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Oh wow, it did shoot up on Saturn. Ah well. Good luck snagging one for PS1. :)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Hopefully I'm not peaking too early, but Turbografx 16 and PCE stuff added.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

aka "the good stuff".
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:Hopefully I'm not peaking too early, but Turbografx 16 and PCE stuff added.

Saved the first page again, a good research and shopping list. :D

Curses, more temptations for Swap Meet Hunting. What do you have the HuCards stored in, Baseball card page holders?

Did you try that Splitfish yet? Also, what do you think about the Mod thru the right port on the Battlestation? An easy expansion with multiple cables say one for PSX controller PCB and anothe for a USB keyboard.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

The loose cards are all in the vinyl sleeves like they come originally in the cases. I bought a pack of them to make sure that all my loose cards are in one. I believe they are actually vinyl business card sleeves or something.

I'm going to see about labeling Japanese games a bit later per request since some people wouldn't know what many of them are unless they are already familiar with them.

*edit*
Names added for J games and ones that were hard to read.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I'm a big fan of the alliteration. And holy shiz! Two Power Stikes and a Power Strike II! Do want. Also your entire JP PS1 collection; If you could round all those up into a box and send them to me, that would be great. :mrgreen:

Also, how'd you end up with the demo of Einhander?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Thanks. I like me some Compile shmups as you can see. The blue & white SMS PS is the US release and the color cover is the European one. The cart itself is exactly the same, but I'm being a little greedy and wanted both variants.

I had started a trade with someone a little after I joined the board. They had the Ein demo that I was interested in and I think 1 other thing. We struck a deal and I sent my payment off. Then the person fell off the face of the Earth. I'm not even sure I got an acknowledgement about the payment. After weeks and a few messages it was obvious it wasn't going to happen. It wasn't that much money, but I think their Paypal account got closed or something too? I can't remember, but I don't think I got my money back either. So I wrote it off and continued on with my life.

Then a few months later a package showed up out of the blue. It had the Einhander, whatever the other thing was, and a few other games to make up for the trouble, including that G-Darius I have. I don't recall there being a note and that username never returned to the forum. I don't know if they just disappeared or signed up again with a new name. I don't even know what happened. Perhaps they were in an accident or something. I don't remember a return address either, so I couldn't say thanks for making it right.