c0wb0y's room

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
c0wb0y
24-bit

c0wb0y's room

Post by c0wb0y »

My awesome wife helped me paint the media room just before the holidays and I'd like to share the results with this community.
I created a stencil of my favorite space invader sprite and she worked on that while I did the rest of the walls.
I still have plans to add the shields at the bottom of the wall, and to add the player ship and some yellow lasers. But that is work for another day.
I hope the one repeating sprite does not offend any purists out there. Artistic license meets time and patience constraints. :D

Here is the Invaders wall:
InvadersSmall.jpg
InvadersSmall.jpg (281.11 KiB) Viewed 2098 times

I used a panoramic stitching app, and one red invader looks wonky. It looks fine IRL.

Here is a panorama of the room:
PhotoMediaRoomSmall.jpg
PhotoMediaRoomSmall.jpg (168.03 KiB) Viewed 2098 times

Thanks for looking! See y'all at the Texas Pinball Festival in March? :)
Systems: Pong, Odyssey2, Atari 2600, NES, CDX, SNES, N64, Saturn, DC, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, GCN, Wii, Xbox360, OUYA
Handhelds: GB, GBC, GBA, DS lite, DSi, Virtual Boy (<< is that even a portable?)
EM Pinballs: Bally Dixieland, Gottlieb Flying Carpet
SS Pinball: GTB Circus, GTB Count-Down, GTB Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Stern Lectronamo, Stern Galaxy, Bally Black Pyramid
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: c0wb0y's room

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I am offended by the repeating sprite! :x

Seriously, though, your room looks fantastic, and you are very lucky man to have a wife that would help you create it.

Also, I am exceptionally jealous of your pinball machines. They look great.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I am offended by the repeating sprite! :x

Me too! I got the torches if you've got some pitchforks. :wink:

Looks great. I too am jealous of all the pinball and a dedicated game room. :)
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

very nice setup.

the panoramic view is a nice way to bring it all together.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
TheGrimAngel
16-bit

Post by TheGrimAngel »

Very nice, love the wall art.
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

Truly awesome, congrats!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Very nice gaming room, cool pinball machines!! 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dood! That is an amazing looking room. Wow.

I'm always a fan of game rooms that aren't just massive piles of mish-mashed carts and controllers.
c0wb0y
24-bit

Post by c0wb0y »

Thanks, everybody. :)
The Pinball Hall of Fame games on Wii got me hooked into the real thing as a hobby. I love playing video and IRL pinball. I'm always reading the Video Pinball thread.

If you have the space, pinball can be semi-affordable. The least I've spent on a pin was $150. But it does take some knowledge and basic soldering skills if they break or are not working to begin with. And for goodness sake, unplug them when you have to do any work. Safety first!
I've seen a lot of working older EM pins listed in the 250-500 range. That's not small change, but for anybody considering a new gaming system, they will run in the same ballpark. Then you buy an extra controller & games... might as well get a pin if you've ever dreamed of it.

Most of the piles of games manage to fit on those 3 shelves in the panorama. It's mostly PS2 and 360 games, but a good mix of my other retro consoles as well.

I recently moved my DC and NGC (and their games) downstairs to the living room. I have a bookcase just outside the media room shown with my N64, Genesis, Odyssey2 & DS games, as well as my recently repaired Virtual Boy. I'd like to get all those in the media room eventually.

I added some other shots that I just edited for size below:
Main system area:
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (393.77 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

Over the TV, various games and curiosities (Peter Mayhew signed my Star Wars album):
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (336.08 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

Main Game shelves.
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (276.6 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Systems: Pong, Odyssey2, Atari 2600, NES, CDX, SNES, N64, Saturn, DC, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, GCN, Wii, Xbox360, OUYA
Handhelds: GB, GBC, GBA, DS lite, DSi, Virtual Boy (<< is that even a portable?)
EM Pinballs: Bally Dixieland, Gottlieb Flying Carpet
SS Pinball: GTB Circus, GTB Count-Down, GTB Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Stern Lectronamo, Stern Galaxy, Bally Black Pyramid
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

Nice setup. I have a TV stand just like that in my living room. I got it from Ikea. I like it because you can keep a big TV low. I hate when TVs are mounted too high.