the King's Gaming Parlor

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
Bikeage
128-bit

Re: the King's Gaming Parlor is open!

Post by Bikeage »

Very cool setup, I like the separate TV's for Sega & Nintendo systems. And the urinal is great. I'm a single guy, I need to put one in my house.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

The urinal is the mastertouch. Makes your place feel like a fine drinking establishment.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

This is my dream basement, seriously, this is almost PERFECT!

I especially love how simple it looks. I can't tell where exactly the games are located, but I would prefer they had more exposer, but that could kill the simplistic look. So, I dunno.

Is that Urinal actually the kind with the IR sensor? Awesome! No game room is complete without that!
ieatramen
24-bit

Post by ieatramen »

Dude I wish homes weren't so freakin expensive here in CA! I would love to do something like that. Much props on the setup!
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Can I come over and hang out?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Looks great sir. I'm not a sports fan but I dig the bleacher bench. :mrgreen:

I'd suggest getting something waterproof set up around that urinal though. I had friends in school that were renting a house that someone had put a urinal in. No matter if it is all your friends being careful, accidents will happen or someone will think it is funny to throw crap at the person taking a leak. You don't want spots on the back of that sheetrock. :lol:
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

Is that ice in your urinal? I see that at the bar I got to all the time to play darts. I always thought they were just dumping excess ice in there because they were too laze to carry it 3 more steps outside. Is there something more to it I am not aware of. Also, love that the man's bathroom is also the cat's bathroom. I have been there. Charge your friends to use the bathroom, make them scoop the litter first.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

You need to invite me over King. Your parlor looks great.
vash23n wrote:Is that ice in your urinal? I see that at the bar I got to all the time to play darts. I always thought they were just dumping excess ice in there because they were too laze to carry it 3 more steps outside. Is there something more to it I am not aware of.

Back in the day, a urinal was basically a trough with a drain at the bottom. Ice was poured in the trough. When men peed in the old-fashioned urinal, some of the ice would melt thereby rinsing the urine down the drain. It was sort of a low-tech "flush" mechanism.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Nice basement!! I like the system setup very clean. :)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

thanks for all the kind words guys.

To answer a couple questions, I did all the work myself other than the carpet. I sprayed the ceiling with a paint sprayer. Very messy, so that was done before most things. I really like the look and keeps things nice, open and big.

here is what it looked like when I started, from where the bar is now looking back at the poker/arcade area.

I know someone voiced concerns over flooding and believe me I had that issue at my old house, so much so that I couldn't sleep well when it rained, but I'm pretty confident I shouldn't have issues here. The house is only 10 years old and there's really no excuse for newer basements to leak, etc. I have a sump pump that even in the heaviest storms really doesn't run much and the grade outside is setup right. Saying all that I do have a rider on my insurance for the issue, but I don't expect any issues.

same area after being framed in,

then dry walled,

and finished,
Last edited by the King on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.