Original SNES Emulation

Emu Talk Goes Here
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Original SNES Emulation

Post by D.D.D. »

For TV out videocards, my last two cards have been ATI cards that had it built-in. My current card I bought 2 years ago was only $60 or so (X550) and it is more than powerful enough for all my emulators.

No idea about the s-video and B&W. I had that happen with my J-N64 + s-video cable on my US TV once... Still don't know why.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Strangely, I've got the same video card as you. But it still doesn't work. I've connected my pc to a normal TV not HD or anything else. Which cable do you use?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Right now my PC is currently connected with a composite cable and audio running to the home stereo.
You do have the ATI Catalyst Control Center software installed right? Because that's where you can check the TV out settings etc in there.
Also, if your PC is on but you connected the cable to the TV after turning on the PC, it won't likely find it.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
sakicfan84
24-bit

Post by sakicfan84 »

Kyle wrote:Strangely, I've got the same video card as you. But it still doesn't work. I've connected my pc to a normal TV not HD or anything else. Which cable do you use?

I get black and white if I use the wrong cable for video out. Check the number of pins on your cable, I think there should be 7 pins. The other cable I was trying to use had just 4 pins on it, and it would only show black and white. It's actually a really common problem people have; just google it and see all the people that have been trying to run a 4 pin cable.
X-Fire: ezsblehman
marurun

Post by marurun »

Most modern video card drivers, if you go into the settings, have a TV detect mode. And you can connect the TV later, you just sometimes have to tell the PC to look for it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

I tried everything, even a fbas adpater but it's still f**** black and white! :evil:
Now I found another cable. On the one side it's like a normal audio cable (with a yellow rings) and on the other site it's composite. I plugged it in, but my pc didn't recognized it!
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Just wanted to say, i connected my PC now with a new S vid cable. And it works! :D
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Hey there ya go~ :D