Original SNES Emulation

Emu Talk Goes Here
Kyle
24-bit

Original SNES Emulation

Post by Kyle »

I tried many different options in ZSNES and SNES9x, but it doesn't look like a real SNES.
Either the graphics look better or worse. Have anybody settings to let it look like original?
sakicfan84
24-bit

Re: Original SNES Emulation

Post by sakicfan84 »

Kyle wrote:I tried many different options in ZSNES and SNES9x, but it doesn't look like a real SNES.
Either the graphics look better or worse. Have anybody settings to let it look like original?

I find that I've gotten it pretty close by using the NTSC filter in ZSNES. Not sure if you've tried that yet, but it is the best bet as far as I know.
X-Fire: ezsblehman
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

If you output to a TV, it looks real.
If you gotta play on a monitor, interpolation and vsync are the only video options I recommend.

EDIT: My bad... NTSC mode looks terrible to me on my LCD. Then again, I don't play on my LCD monitor, I output to the TV.
Last edited by D.D.D. on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Okay, but I know only Pal SNES, cause I'm here in Germany
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

This is a screen shot from ZSNES 1.51 with vsync enabled. It looks good to me~
Attachments
illgaia.PNG
illgaia.PNG (244.79 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

Last edited by glynnahab on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Yes it looks pretty good. Have you only vsync enabled or anything else?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

glynnahab wrote:Oh man. As a teenager, I LOVED this game. (In spite of its atrocious story and dialogue. Fantastic controls and an uncommon leveling-up system.) I may just have to pick it up again soon after seeing this.

Thank you, D.D.D. for bringing out the nostalgia.

And that pic does look pretty damed good for emulation.

Yeah it's pretty classic. :D I've actually been meaning to play the JP version just to see what was left out - I usually don't do that as I grew up playing US SNES games so I have more attachment to them but after playing through recently, yep, pretty bad dialog... It made me wonder. :lol:
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Kyle wrote:Yes it looks pretty good. Have you only vsync enabled or anything else?

I have my resolution set to 1024*768 S, F. It seems to put Interpolation on automatically and I put the checkmark in vsync. If you set your video mode to D (allow filters), S (stretch), F (full screen) on the video tab option you get more options in the filters option tab. I've never liked those 2xSai etc filters. They sure look artsy but I like a more normal look to my games. Try out the filters you like but if you like that screen shot I put up, interpolation will do it. :)
Vsync I think just matches the sync of your monitor to match the rom or something like that. I find with it off, the games have a "tearing" effect on the screen.
And if you ever get a video-out videocard and run it to your TV (and some sort of SNES to USB adapter), it's really nice. :D
Kyle
24-bit

Post by Kyle »

Thanks! I'll try it. By the way...Is there any good video card appropriate for TV Output.
When I connected my PC to my TV via S-Video and Chinch Adapter, I got only black and white screen. Any references?