WonderSwan Emulation in 2017

Emu Talk Goes Here
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

WonderSwan Emulation in 2017

Post by Jagosaurus »

I have very little exposure to this handheld or its library. I don't really collect handhelds, but I would like to experience some of the games.

What's the best (only?) WS emu out there? I'm on a Windows PC but have access to Android emu as well. Is emu 100% compatible?

How about the library? What are the best games for an English only speaker? Any that weren't in color that are worth a look (or am I thinking NGP only)?

Again, I'm starting at ground zero before reading articles, watching youtube vids, etc. Appreciate the help!
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: WonderSwan Emulation in 2017

Post by racketboy »

I'm totally up for hearing updates on the subject as well, but I will leave this link here as I kinda helps
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/bandai-w ... ners-guide
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Thanks Nick. I'll start reading there tonight for general info. Might be the only guide I haven't read here or maybe it was so long ago I forgot about it. I was lurking here long before I joined... & I'm getting old :lol:.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

OSwan is the one I used when I beat most of the library, but that was many years ago. There should be a Retroarch core for Wonderswan now.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

fastbilly1 wrote:OSwan is the one I used when I beat most of the library, but that was many years ago. There should be a Retroarch core for Wonderswan now.

I have RA on Android. I'll see what cores they have available. Likely it is based on OSwan if that is the primary emu.

I wasn't a fan of what I saw of RA on PC initially so I'll dig into OSwan independently. I should probably hit up the emulation section of a few ROM sites & just see what's out there.

Save states versus just SRAM saves & controller mapping (vs KBM) would be a big plus.