Curious about the Vita again

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Curious about the Vita again

Post by darsparx »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:One factor you might wish to consider, is Vita Sony's last "pure" handheld? It would seem crazy to launch another platform when iOS and Android have the lion share of the mobile market. Based on that factor alone, the Vita might be worth getting since Sony won't (likely) be making any more handhelds.

Yet the 3DS is tremendously successful. You know why? Sytem-selling games. The big N has the Pokemon franchise. What's the must-have game for Vita? What's the one game that I absolutely need to buy a Vita just to experience?

The thing is sony(especially on psp) from what I've seen is more of a platform for rpg's than anything else and there's not enough people into those to keep it going...while N did get a ton on their platforms it seems like the more hidden and amazing ones I wish I would've known about sooner came out on psp instead of gba/ds
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

samsonlonghair wrote:What's the one game that I absolutely need to buy a Vita just to experience?

What's the one game that I absolutely need to buy a 3DS to experience?

Pokemon? Besides the fact that it already exists on lots of other Nintendo platforms? I bought a 3DS and a 2DS but I don't give a hot damn about Pokemon. So that's not the absolute must have game obviously. The true answer is there is not one game for the 3DS that appeals universally. Any game that drives one to buy a 3DS is a subjective desire.

That said, there are quite a few games on the Vita that I personally consider killer apps. People who think the Vita doesn't have amazing exclusives simply haven't done their homework, or have a very limited scope of genres they're actually interested in.

To be brutally honest, I enjoy my 3DS XL but my OLED Vita kicks the crap out of it in every way possible from a technical and comfort perspective. To play a Vita game that runs at native resolution and uses the dual analog sticks is a beautiful and absorbing experience.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

You should try Terraway and LBP, though they may seen childish at first, but both games have depth to them.

IF there is something that Sony does better, its the on-line shop, I don't know how Nintendo stays behind, it took them awhile to get rid of the shop points.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Yeah I never understood or liked the how "points" thing especially because you never earned any how towards the store(now if they'd made it a double edge where you can buy with money but earn points to get games cheaper or free I would've been all over it sooner)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well when all is said and done I can't get this craigslist bimbo flake to get back to me with any consistency. She's maybe 5min from my house, yet she seems to work odd hours and then doesn't email at any good rate as it's either 10min or 1hr+ later which is no good. YOu'd think a vita that has been up there and sliding south from 150 to 120 and now 100 she'd want out of her hands, but I guess not. The best I could tell was that she's divorced or ex-gf who inherited and she wants the crap gone.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

If all else fails I'd say it's worth investing in buying one new. I bought mine at the worst time(last few months of my pizza job which I thought was more steady then and didn't understand why the heck the guy was so poor with communication to never give me tips and try and help me improve but that's a story for another day), but still worth every penny even if I've yet to really buy more games for it then the few here and there. Heck I'm sure i've heard good things about Army Corps of Hell, and Toukiden so those should be ones to look into to(I need to crack mine open and play them and those may be the ones I play at work and on the go when on break...if i don't go back to freedom wars which I really want to)
My gameroom

Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Ever since I got a PS4 and a PSN subscription, I've also been curious about these $200 Wii U-ish controllers.

Can anyone point me to a list of the best retail Vita games? All super mega awesome top 10's I've seen are mostly comprised of those icky download-onlys.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Omerta wrote:Can anyone point me to a list of the best retail Vita games? All super mega awesome top 10's I've seen are mostly comprised of those icky download-onlys.

Based on reviews:

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html ... r=&search=

Look at the box art in the listings to instantly tell if the entry is physical or download only.

If you tell us what kinds of genres you really like, I could give you more personal recommendations.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

On vacation last week I started playing Assassin's Creed III Liberation on Vita...and I'm blown away by how good this game is! Big open levels... all the typical hop and stealth jumping and rooftop running. Graphics are great. Highly recommended on Vita!

The only catch: get the download UPDATE for the corrupt save bug!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Liberation also got a "HD" rerelease on the PS3/360/PC on the consoles it is included in the Assassin's Creed: The Americas Collection sadly it's just a download code though :P. PC got a physical release, but it's Uplay reliant.