Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Re: Nomad --- New screen and better battery pack.

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

too bad. I checked on the thread you mentioned and I notice there's a sixteen pin spacer in the bottom right, and read it was for a lockout chip which would make Super Mario RPG compatible with it. Is the lockout chip the D411(A)?
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:too bad. I checked on the thread you mentioned and I notice there's a sixteen pin spacer in the bottom right, and read it was for a lockout chip which would make Super Mario RPG compatible with it. Is the lockout chip the D411(A)?

No idea sorry.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
Wobble The Hutt
8-bit

Post by Wobble The Hutt »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:too bad. I checked on the thread you mentioned and I notice there's a sixteen pin spacer in the bottom right, and read it was for a lockout chip which would make Super Mario RPG compatible with it. Is the lockout chip the D411(A)?

it is indeed for the lockout chip, however its more than drop it in and move the jumper solder blobs as i personally tried that, i would LOVE to know what else is needed to make it all work.
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Outside of some revisions of Super Mario RPG, what other NTSC-U or NTSC-J games require it?
Wobble The Hutt
8-bit

Post by Wobble The Hutt »

like none but its important still :) its super mario RPG
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Is there a way to tell which revision of the game will play on the FC 16 Go 2 without any mod by perhaps looking at the Mario RPG PCB? I dpnt have a FC 16 yet, but I do remember I got Mario RPG fairly early when it came out back in 1996.
hailrazer
32-bit

Post by hailrazer »

As much as I love discussions this has absolutely nothing to do with my mods. Can you please discuss it elsewhere.

Thank you. :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Sorry my bad. back on topic, My Nomad's outer shell is actually quite dirty. When i take it apart and remove all the electronics, what do you recommend I clean it with?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:Sorry my bad. back on topic, My Nomad's outer shell is actually quite dirty. When i take it apart and remove all the electronics, what do you recommend I clean it with?

*butts in*

If you take all of the electronics out, you should be able to use warm water, dish soap, and an old toothbrush to clean it all out. That's what I use to clean console shells. I would keep the toothbrush away from the screen though and just use a soft cloth there.

Back on topic, got the recommended battery pack in the other day and will be having a go at putting new cells in a Nomad pack shortly myself. :mrgreen:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Thanks for the the info Hailrazer. Just finished making up a battery using your info.

I removed all the components from the board already in the battery (except the chip since it would be a pain) so I could just reuse the plug and soldered my wires into holes that other components had been in.

The board in the charger was being stubborn and didn't want to come out, so I just soldered on the little leaves that the internal wires were connected to. I drilled a hole up the side near the light and tied a knot in the wire to protect it from being jerked out. I did add some electrical tape around the solder points afterwards to protect it as well.

I have a ton of plugs from universal plugpacks, so I found one that fit the plug in the battery box and rigged that up. The battery looks stock except for not having the LED anymore.