Zig's SNES Repros

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Zig's SNES Repros

Post by jfe2 »

Thanks for the update!

That does suck about your PC. My desktop just died on me about a week ago so I can relate.

Also, I've been playing Star Ocean and it is definitely my cup of tea! The combat is fun and just challenging enough without making you want to pull your own hair out. I'm not sure if you still have the resources to make carts for it, but I may want to pick one up eventually.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ziggy587 wrote:my only PC with a parallel port (which I need for the EPROM programmer) decided to take a dump.

I know it would mean spending a little money, but ebay has a bunch of parallel cards for $10 shipped. That way you could do all your programming on your main rig. Too bad its not a serial port you need, I have a couple of old NiB serial port cards and would send you one for just covering postage. :?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I thought to pick up a parallel PCI card but I decided against it. I've had bad experiences with those types of things, I would hate if I got one and I couldn't figure out if it or my programmer was giving me shit. That and the fact that I wouldn't doubt if a $10 card would just straight up not work, and I am unwilling to spend money on one anyways lol.

Not to worry though, I got that Dimension up and running. I'm actually using it right now! lol. I was able to use pretty much everything from my PC that shitted out, so it's pretty much the same computer. Which just confirms my thoughts of the older PC, the motherboard went/is going bad. That computer was running oddly slow for a few months.

Long story short, the problem has been taken care of so I can continue working on the repros.

jfe2 wrote:Also, I've been playing Star Ocean and it is definitely my cup of tea! The combat is fun and just challenging enough without making you want to pull your own hair out. I'm not sure if you still have the resources to make carts for it, but I may want to pick one up eventually.

Yeah, that game is awesome. I couldn't put it down. I could definitely make you one, just let me know if and when you want one.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I made a few alternate labels for Star Fox 2, I thought I'd share...

Here's the original label I made. I took the logo from the original stock box art used as a teaser before the game was canceled.

Here's one that I found on a forum:

This one I made for a member that wanted the untranslated version in a Super Famicom cart case:

The above label made me want to do an American label like that...

This one's the same thing, but I made the logo transparent so you can see the planet through it:

And then a few more I did real quick for fun...

Last edited by Ziggy on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Ziggy587 wrote:Image

I love this label! Very well done! They are all good but this is my favorite of the bunch.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ziggy587 wrote:I made a few alternate labels for Star Fox 2, I thought I'd share...

Those all look pretty snappy. Last one needs a little help with those halos around everyone though. :P
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I didn't spend a lot of time on that one. And now that I look at it, I forgot to take out the pockets of white in between them. edit: Fixed that problem. You can only see the "halo" when its on the black background, you can't really see it over the planet. I think if I printed that label out, to size, you wouldn't notice it at all.

jfe2 wrote:I love this label! Very well done! They are all good but this is my favorite of the bunch.

Thanks. I'm not sure which one is my favorite, or if I even have one. I'm limited to the images I can find on the internet, so if any one finds anything cool I could use, give me a link!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Great news. I got (my first) Secret of Mana 2 cart working!
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Damm good stuff Ziggy!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

How much is that gonna run? I am very interested in one of those.