Nominate the best cheap (under $10?) Wii games :)

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

Nominate the best cheap (under $10?) Wii games :)

Post by racketboy »

There's SO many Wii games out there and it's a great time to buy into this generation.
Normally, I don't have a problem fishing out all the best cheap titles, but it might be beneficial for some nominations.

What Wii games (physical retail releases) do you recommend for under $10 (before shipping)?
If you have some really good ones that lean toward $12 or $13, we can include them somehow.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Nominate the best cheap (under $10?) Wii games :)

Post by CRTGAMER »

There are so many, I think the games I pulled below from my Gamecube Wii Guide are all under ten bucks at Gamestop.

My reviews at each link, copy paste to publish article if you like.

Boom Blox: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=521460#p521460

Conduit Special Edition: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=482894#p482894

Dead Space Extraction: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=440800#p440800

Elebits: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=426524#p426524

Geometry Wars Galaxies: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=420845#p420845

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=471069#p471069

Metroid Other M: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=534734#p534734

Nights Journey Of Dreams: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=570694#p570694

Rayman Origins viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=567763#p567763

Red Steel 2 Motion Plus Bundle: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=429474#p429474

Sin and Punishment: viewtopic.php?p=422520#p422520

Sky Crawlers Innocent Aces: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=603494#p603494
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

CRT's got some good choices. After a quick search I'd like to add:

Rayman Raving Rabbids - Party game. Both it and it's sequel look to be under $10 used.

Epic Mickey - Didn't quite live up to the hype (few things do), but still pretty fun platformer. Another one were both the first and the sequel look to be under $10.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Fun beat 'em up/platformer. Can be played as a 2-player game if you so choose.

de Blob - Puzzle/Platformer where you literally paint the town. Also available on iOS and PC, but unlike it's sequel, still remains a Wii console exclusive, if I'm not mistaken. The sequel is also under $10.

Resident Evil 4 - Don't know if you want this here, as it seems to be on just about every list in existence, but it's still a very affordable and well regarded game. Plus, the Wii Edition's use of the wiimotes to aim and shoot turns it more into a light-gun game, while also giving players the choice of switching to standard controllers and adds in the extra content that the PS2 port received.

There are potentially a lot more. This may be a hard list to nail down.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

My earlier post above in my stupidity of copy paste, I erased the OP of my Wii Gamecube Guide! :oops:
Whew, had a backup on my hard drive, managed to copy paste all the text, images and links back in. 8)

Michi wrote:de Blob - Puzzle/Platformer where you literally paint the town. Also available on iOS and PC, but unlike it's sequel, still remains a Wii console exclusive, if I'm not mistaken. The sequel is also under $10.

There are potentially a lot more. This may be a hard list to nail down.

Seconded on de Blob as well as de Blob 2, the original a freeware PC game. Come to think of it, the majority of Wii games are under ten bucks at Gamestop! The main exceptions of course are all the Nintendo representatives of Mario, Kirby etc. This will change years from now when the ten dollar games becoming hidden gems!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I think I did a detailed post on this topic a while back. I'm not sure how to find it though.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
DreamcastDude
8-bit

Post by DreamcastDude »

I'd recommend the guitar hero games as well
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

* Going off PriceCharting.com *

Just comparing my own collection to VGPC. I'm not sure if multiplatform games are wanted, but I'll include them anyway.

A Boy and His Blob $11-14 - Seems like it's been ported to everything though.

Cruis'n $7-8 - It may not be the best racing game around, but I thought it was a very good throw back to the "care free" arcade racers that I played on the N64.

Cursed Mountain $9-12 - Actually, I haven't played this one yet. But I've heard good things about it.

Donkey Kong Country Returns $9-15 - Required game purchase if you own the console.

Epic Mickey (1 & 2) - Both well under $10 - I haven't had a chance to play the sequel yet, but I had a lot of fun with the first one. Might not be as good as Mario, but I felt like it was a solid 3D platformer.

Goldeneye - $8 - Even though the online multiplayer is no more, I think the single player game is fun. I'm a big fan of the original game, as well as the movie (and the Bond franchise in general) so that might color my opinion. And here's hoping that we can get independent servers to play the game online again, like we do now with the DC. Either way, you can't go wrong for $8. Might not be the best FPS, but it's certainly better than $8. And you can still have fun with 4 player split screen multiplayer, like we all did back in the day.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - $10 - The Wii filled a void for lightgun games in the age of LCD screens. This game is a required purchase if you dig lightgun games!

House of the Dead Overkill - $12 - See above.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - $10 - Return to Dreamland wont be able to get on this list ($25-30) but this is a great alternative. Don't get me wrong, it's not the store brand when you can't afford the name brand. It's a solid 2D sidescrolling platformer, worth every penny and then some. Required purchase.

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $10 - There's the HD re-release on the Wii U, but it's worth mentioning nonetheless.

Link's Crossbow Training - $5 - I think I got mine for $1. The Nintendo lightgun thing will probably cost you more than the actual game. Of course, this was more of a demo for the accessory than an actual full fleshed game. But some would disagree. This game is loads of fun. Required purchase if you dig light gun games.

MadWorld - $5 - One of the poster games for when people say, "Nintendo consoles have all kid games!"

Medal of Honor Heros 2 - $3 - Light gun game.

Medal of Honor Vanguard - $3 - This felt like the old WW2 FPSs that I'm use to. Call of Duty 1 and 2. Medal of Honor Allied Assualt, and Frontline. If these are games that you had fun with back in the day, Vanguard should be a no-brainer at this price. The Wii is also great for FPS with the remote, it's very similar to mouse aim.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $10 - I'm not a huge fan of the MK games once they hit 3D, but this was probably the best one between MK4 and Armageddon. It's also the only MK game on the Wii, so there's that.

Mushroom Men The Spore Wars - $8 - I haven't played it yet, but it looks like a fun 3D platformer.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $12-13 - This one definitely needs an exception since it's a required purchase for the console.

Nights Journey of Dreams - $5-6 - I've never played this one.

Phantom Brave We Meet Again - $12-15 - I haven't played this one yet, but I've heard good things.

Rayman Origins - $7 - I don't know, it's Rayman.

Red Steel (1 & 2) - $4-9 - Do these games hold up?

Resident Evil 4 - $5 - Best console port, all due to the Wiimote. I would never be able to play this game with a traditional controller. The Wiimote makes aiming so much easier, feels more like a mouse.

Resident Evil Archives (0 & 1) - $6-10 - I think better ports exist, not sure the worth of these.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles - $6-15 - Light gun games!

Star Wars The Force Unleashed (1 & 2) - $5 - I noticed these were only $5. These games were also on PS3, etc. I know the first one has a different version on the PS2 than PS3, not sure which version the Wii is. I thought it was an extremely fun Star Wars game, both the PS2 and PS3 versions.

Super Mario All Stars - $15 - The selects version made this game cheaper and easier to find. I think it's worth the price if you don't own the SNES cart.

Super Mario Galaxy - $8-10 - Don't think, just buy!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $10-13 - See above, then multiply by 2.

Super Paper Mario - $10 - A Paper Mario game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $15 - A Smash Bros. game.

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World - $10 - Only $10, but consider this: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and the original Tales of Symphonia were re-released together as a PlayStation 3 HD remaster under the title Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.

Wario Land Shake It - $8 - Fun 2D sidescrolling platformer, although a little different (as you would expect from a Wario Land game).

Wario Land Smooth Moves - $10 - I've never played this one, but I've heard others say it's good.
DreamcastDude
8-bit

Post by DreamcastDude »

The 2 angry bird games are pretty cheap as well
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I really don't like Price Charting -- it's really not very reliable. It's typically off by 10% to 20%.

It's helpful to do some quick filtering, but I can't really quote those prices in reality.