NES Advantage - Would it Work With a NES to PC Adapter?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
bretthorror
8-bit

NES Advantage - Would it Work With a NES to PC Adapter?

Post by bretthorror »

I was just thinking, do both ports of the NES Advantage have to be plugged in for it to work? If it didn't, it'd be an inexpensive PC arcade stick with one of those adapters you can get on Ebay. Anyone know for sure that you don't have to have both plugged into the system to work?
KDub
Next-Gen

Re: NES Advantage - Would it Work With a NES to PC Adapter?

Post by KDub »

You just need the one for it to work and make sure it is set to one player.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I use one of my Advantages with a Retrousb NES USB adapter, so yes. Windows 7 takes it well.
Oge
8-bit

Post by Oge »

It will work perfectly. Same applies for 99% of the third-party NES joysticks :)

Cheers,
Oge
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

The dual plugs and the 1/2 switch was just so you and your friend could play games that alternated 1 and 2 player without having to pause and replug every time someone died.
bretthorror
8-bit

Post by bretthorror »

What I did when I was a kid was plugged the wrong one into the wrong controller port 1, and every time I used it subsequently (which was rare), I plugged it in correctly by some crazy luck when I put both in.

I'm really excited for the adapter, it's taking forever in the mail, but I've gotten into the arcade stuff hardcore and the NES Advantage is better than the Mayflash PS2/USB/PS3 stick I got and better than the DC arcade stick too. I'm not sure if games like Simpsons/TMNT beat 'em ups only had two buttons or not, but if they don't, the Advantage will be my most used stick by far. I don't like how the stick itself rotates on the Mayflash and DC ones. When I'm playing Donkey Kong, I want grip and control. I assume the stick being able to spin 360 while using the 8-directions is for fighting games, which I never play.

I also got a Genesis one in hopes that it works for Atari. Also, because I wanna try my Genesis 3-button arcade stick I bought at a pawn shop for $2.95 years ago.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

The striped one is meant for player 1.