Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Sometimes, I Make Stuff

by Cronozilla Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:51 am

Last year I posted a Legend of Zelda Chest I made as a gift box.

Here:

I did something similar this year.

I made a gift box designed like a SNES game box, and it's some kind of Super Metroid theme.

Like the others it's made out of cardstock, construction paper, and tape, with markers here and there.

I'll post more as I make them. I have to make at least one more this year for a Christmas present.

Hopefully, in the future, I'll have a bit more capital to build some of the stuff I really want to make, and at that point in time, I'll put that stuff in here as well. I don't know it'll be, but in the past I've also hand drawn on wrapping paper.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Sometimes, I Make Stuff

by TSTR Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:33 am

so crafty bb

For real though, good stuff! Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store. Do you have any more drawings?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Yay cut paper.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:15 pm

yay paper cut

wait no those hurty
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:17 pm

looks good!
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Awesome stuff, and it is incredibly thoughtful to put all that effort into making the gift that much more unique and special. I hope whoever they are for realizes what a great friend they have.

My favorite is the SNES box so far, but I would love to see whatever else you make.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Crono, as always, you know how I feel about your creativity and how it is off the charts awesome! These look spectacular man! I'm jealous!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:45 pm

TSTR wrote:Do you have any more drawings?

I do, I just couldn't find the pictures I took of them when posting. I'll put them up when I find them.
The only downside to doing this is I never see the thing again.

jp1 wrote:Awesome stuff, and it is incredibly thoughtful to put all that effort into making the gift that much more unique and special. I hope whoever they are for realizes what a great friend they have.

Well, I think he definitely deserves it. His life isn't the easiest and there's a lot of people asking him "what are you doing for me". So, when there's a reason to, I like doing something nice to balance that out.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Crono, as always, you know how I feel about your creativity and how it is off the charts awesome! These look spectacular man! I'm jealous!

Well maybe I'll send you something :p

I have been thinking, if I could make something faster and easier, I'd toss them up on Etsy. As it stands, though, these actually take a bit of time and really isn't worth it to produce them for sale. But, we'll see.
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Cronozilla wrote:
jp1 wrote:Awesome stuff, and it is incredibly thoughtful to put all that effort into making the gift that much more unique and special. I hope whoever they are for realizes what a great friend they have.

Well, I think he definitely deserves it. His life isn't the easiest and there's a lot of people asking him "what are you doing for me". So, when there's a reason to, I like doing something nice to balance that out.

Good on you. I know the effort put into the packaging would mean more than the gift to me.
It's cool that you have people like that in your life, and it's even cooler that they have you. Props for appreciating someone enough to take the time out of your life to show it in a cool way.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Cronozilla wrote:Image

This rules. :D
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever