CHARITY AUCTION 2013 (old thread)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mjmjr25

Re: CHARITY AUCTION 2013: CALL FOR DONATIONS - NEED A TON!

Post by mjmjr25 »

I have one more thing to add - need to grab pics and send the info yr way, dsh.

I think low donations might be a good thing - maybe people are being more thoughtful about picking out specific, unique, and generally decent items that might make a few bucks rather than just loading up loose discs and old mags that cost more to ship than they raise for the charity.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I could use some help on obtaining a few games for the auction. Please go online and check to see if your local Game Stop has any of these items:

Gamecube:

Baten Katios Origins
Killer 7
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Cubivore
P.N.03
Luigis Mansion
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Starfox Assault

DS:

Nervous Brickdown
Metroid Prime Pinball
Moon
Giana Sisters
Super Princess Peach
Dementium 2

If your local GS has ANY of these games please PM me immediately with your store number and what game(s) they have. I'll be searching for these games as well as contacting my GS's district manager, but these games are hard to come by and I can use some help.

Thanks!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Poping you a pm with the stores within a 100 miles which have those. No luck on the GC games but plenty of stores with NDS games still.

However Luigi's Mansion is showing available online.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Fragems wrote:Poping you a pm with the stores within a 100 miles which have those. No luck on the GC games but plenty of stores with NDS games still.

However Luigi's Mansion is showing available online.

Thanks duder. The guy I'm trying to hunt down these games for is a huge contributor.

Edit* Wow. The GS employees in NYC are complete jerks. "I don't care if it's for charity or for Barack Obama I ain't shippin nuttin".
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

Post by MrHealthy »

Looked through my stuff and realized I don't have a lot I want to donate this year. Remebered seeing a PS1 in my local Salvation Army thrift store last week so I went out to get it. Unfortunately it was gone, but I picked up a bunch of games. Will be cleaning/testing and sorting them into a couple lots.

I do have one rather rare item I previously acquired specifically for this auction, but its still relatively near its release and as such isn't as valuable as it could be yet. I think I will let that one sit until next year so that it can hopefully be a standout item during that auction.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Found out some unfortunate family news. Haven't had time set aside a lot for the auction yet.

If you don't hear from me PM me.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Luke wrote:I could use some help on obtaining a few games for the auction. Please go online and check to see if your local Game Stop has any of these items:

Gamecube:
Cubivore

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasp*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

When does the thread get put up? I can come up with some more stuff if we still need some things.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I'll take some last minute stuff- looking to get going with the thread this weekend. I'll have a more detailed update soon...
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION 2013: DONATE UNTIL DEC 7th!!! AUCTION 12

Post by dsheinem »

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far...

but we only have about 30-40 items as of the deadline. We need more - much more - to make this a big success. I want to have 100 items/lots to build on, so we aren't even half way yet. PLEASE SEND ME LISTS THIS WEEK AND NEXT - the deadline has been extended accordingly!

I am using this to try and drum up support on Facebook from family/friends with stuff laying around. Feel free to borrow and paste on your own feeds:

Facebook friends: Next month, I am taking part in an annual charity auction for a retro-gaming website I belong to. We're currently seeking donations of any video game or video game related hardware/software/accessories/etc. from any era. If you have anything, please let me know! You can ship it to the winners yourself (I'll tell you where), ship it to me to send on or, if you are local, I'll come and pick everything up from you!

This year's recipient will be the Jacobs Johnson Foundation (http://www.jacobsjohnson.com/), a charity suggested by a community member whose daughter is being treated for Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) and who has received some help from this small but important organization.

Please let me know if you can help!