To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
TrevorF
16-bit

To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy.

Post by TrevorF »

Yesterday was one of the most shocking days of my life as I found out that my really close friend Blake (Breetai) Cheslock has passed on. Words just can't describe the sadness I feel right now. He was a loving Father, Husband, Son, Grandson, Brother and Friend (though he was like family to me). I knew Blake since the seventh grade and even at his low points, he was nothing but smiles and positivity. A very passionate/proud gamer, he taught me so many things. We'd sit for hours and he would give me a history lesson on each and every console and game that he'd ever played.

He spoke of nothing but love for this community and I know many of you knew him well. If you could please leave comments below, I know his family would love to hear of his interactions here at Racket Boy and how he may have touched any of you.

I have noticed that people are asking about sending flowers/condolences to the family, and they can do so to the following address:

Cheslock Family
127 Wilde St
Dryden, ON
P8N 1P1
Canada

I'm never going to forget you Blake. :(

I was asked to take the picture of Hinako off but will put up another picture of Blake soon.

Blakes hard earned collection
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37072

Update: Blakes daughter Hinako is back safely in Thunder Bay with her mother. Her arm is broken but it will heal fine. There is no official date for Blakes service but it will be on the 29th or 31st of this month.

12/27 Update: Funeral Service will be held Monday, December 31st in Our Savior Lutheran Church at 11:00 a.m. (Central Time).

Flowers and a card have been addressed to the Cheslock family from Racketboy. The family has packed up Blakes collection and it will be sold off and put towards a fund for Hinako.

More updates and pictures of the service to follow.

http://stevensfuneralhomes.ca/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1887113&fh_id=14031

MOD UPDATE: 12-26-12
If you'd like to contribute towards flowers from the Racketboy Community to be sent to the family for the funeral service, please send $5 PayPal to dsheinem@yahoo.com before FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28th AT 3PM EST so that they can be ordered in time.

If you'd like to PM dsheinem with any comments or sentiments to be put into a letter to be mailed to Breetai's family, please do so by January 1st, 2013. A card and letter will go out in early January explaining to them Blake's impact on this community and letting them know how much we mourn his loss and sympathize with them.

Finally, there are preliminary plans in the works to make next year's Racketboy Charity Auction to raise college-fund money for Blake's 2-year old daughter Hinako. Expect more details in late 2013!
Last edited by TrevorF on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:43 am, edited 7 times in total.
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy

Post by flojocabron »

wait, what?

breetai?

damn.

How, if I may ask?

He was a regular here. We loved his fun for all things TG-16/pc engine.

Wish his family well from all of us here on racketboy.

gonna go cry now
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Oh wow this is indeed sad news. He went too early and my sympathies go out to his family and loved ones... he will be missed.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Damn. That's absolutely terrible.

I'm not even sure what else to say at the moment. :(
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I keep rewriting this message because I don't know what to say. Nothing feels appropriate.

I'm gonna miss him, that's for damn sure. This community won't be the same without him.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

This is heavy news. It's hard to even imagine he's gone since he was just here. I feel terrible hearing this, mostly for his wife and daughter. The world's a little bit dimmer now...

Requiescat in pace, Breetai.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

He dispersed a lot of great advice and information.
He was very passionate about the hobby, and I always appreciated that.
Goodnight, Breetai. You will definitely be missed on these boards.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Oh wow, I can't even think of anything to say.

Breetai was a really cool guy. I'll miss him.

EDIT: Oh man I feel terrible for having made this post now.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

this news saddens and shocks me dearly! Bretaii, mjmjr25 and I not too long ago were talking about meeting up this pass November in Minnesota. Bretaii, Blake sure was a cool guy. Very high spirited, full of sense of humor and lots of gaming knowledge. He loved his PC-Engine...I see that his last post/logged on was yesterday Dec. 23 10:07am...

gonna miss you around buddy! :(

Bretaii

R.I.P. ..my friend <><
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

What? Just no!!
I spoke to him just the other day. :(
Just unbelievable!

Buddy you will be sorely missed. :(

Rest in peace my friend.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"