YOUTUBE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: YOUTUBE!

Post by GSZX1337 »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:Don't get me started on the community...

YouTube has a community?...

I guess "group of misinformed twats that don't know how to use a keyboard" is more fitting.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

More like, everyone and no one.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Fuck me, there are ads? You'd think they want to have money coming in from advertisers to pay for the servers, internet connection, electricity, and youtubers that get paid for their videos or something. Sheesh the nerve!

I get what you mean about the layout changing a lot though even though I don't have an account.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

GSZX1337 wrote:I'm also getting tired of Google trying to personify my YT account. I want to be shown as: "gszx1337", not by my real name.

THIS!

I hate this! I stopped using YouTube until I figured out how to keep my account as a made up username and not my real name. My psychology patients and my university students Google my name, so I always try to be careful that I don't use my real name when doing anything that is not related to my professional work online. I stopped posting on Kotaku when Gawker decided we all needed to link our Google accounts to our Kotaku accounts for whatever reason. I wish Google would stop trying to spread its internet tendrils like that. It's really annoying.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

J T wrote:I stopped posting on Kotaku when Gawker decided we all needed to link our Google accounts to our Kotaku accounts for whatever reason.

I stopped posting on Jalopnik and Kotaku when they wanted that or Facebook too. Not that I posted much there anyway.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hobie-wan wrote:Fuck me, there are ads? You'd think they want to have money coming in from advertisers to pay for the servers, internet connection, electricity, and youtubers that get paid for their videos or something. Sheesh the nerve!

I get what you mean about the layout changing a lot though even though I don't have an account.

Seriously, trying to pay for the site is a bridge too far.

As for the layout, I don't really notice it because everything beyond the search bar is wasted space for me.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Hobie-wan wrote:Fuck me, there are ads? You'd think they want to have money coming in from advertisers to pay for the servers, internet connection, electricity, and youtubers that get paid for their videos or something. Sheesh the nerve!

Yup, but there are limits.

I use Adblock now. But before that I sometimes had a commercial before a clip, an ad on the clip and even a commercial after the clip. The fuck YouTube!?...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I know there are limits and I get sick of seeing the same ad over and over. I just find it amusing when people complain about ads and stuff on something they're getting for free.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The biggest issue I have with it is that it defaults to 'what to watch' whenever I sign in. It used to default to my subscriptions uploads page. Now I have to click two seperate links to reach that page. Sure, two clicks isn't going to kill me, but it's a really annoying inconvenience when I just want to quickly check for new content.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

J T wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:I'm also getting tired of Google trying to personify my YT account. I want to be shown as: "gszx1337", not by my real name.

THIS!

I hate this! I stopped using YouTube until I figured out how to keep my account as a made up username and not my real name. My psychology patients and my university students Google my name, so I always try to be careful that I don't use my real name when doing anything that is not related to my professional work online.

Only terrorists and unpatriotic people (+ people who are into hate speech/CP) care about internet privacy and freedom.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box