It seems everything i do on here is wrong. (confusion)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: It seems everything i do on here is wrong.

Post by elmagicochrisg »

BurningDoom wrote:Well not trolls, no, but some of you guys seems to have a way to make people feel like they should know all the ticks, rules, and habits of this community and make sure and let new people know when they aren't.

My wrestling message board is a very small and close-knit group of people, so it is different there. My comic book message board is pretty dang active with lots of people, though, and it feels much more welcoming and helpful community. However compared to other gaming communities, yeah this one is one of the better ones. For some reason, gaming communities are the rowdiest of my online nerd communities. Quick to judge and insult other gamers at a lot of other places. Probably because a lot of them are still kids.

Racketboy : Mild at first, with a stingy aftertaste...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I have no problem understanding anyone's posts, except when the point of view is convoluted. I do agree that grammar is a key to good communication, but I feel that the substance of one's posts outweigh that.

As far as Ziggy's post; I do believe that there were a few things within it that could be percieved as insulting, even if your intent was for the better. I just think it's rude to tell someone they come off sounding like a 3rd Grader, or imply that one is being lazy.

I don't think anyone on this site is exemplified by their prose, but unless it is a serious problem, I just move on.

I know that she is an intelligent and eloquent person in her speech, but the tangible medium is different. Also, I am introverted in the fact that I am very well versed in written thought, but I constantly stumble over words, and speak somewhat awkwardly. I have received much ridicule for this, and I know how it feels to be viewed as someone of less than acceptable stature; thus, I am very critical of myself before others.

Acceptance is the key to any amicable relationship; be it platonic or intimate. So I try not to make others feel inferior, so an atmosphere of comfort will be made prevalent.
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

I would like to explain a bit about myself so that you better understand. My Mom abandoned my Dad and I on Christmas Eve when I was 9, so it was just him and I. When I was 16 he got very ill, so I dropped out of school; I had a 3.9 gpa. I had to get a job to care for him, which I did until he passed away.
I have had a total of 24 concussions, so the fact that I know my own name is amazing, yet I still continue to learn new and exciting things. I am not lazy when it comes to grammar and such; I will try to do better for those that have issues with it. To those that enjoy me the way I am, thank you.

Fancy punchyashun and stuff done by foxhound1022. :D
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

cookie monster wrote: I have had a total of 24 concussions, so the fact that I know my own name is amazing

How do you accumulate that many concussions? Do you play hockey or something? :shock:
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

dedalusdedalus wrote:
cookie monster wrote: I have had a total of 24 concussions, so the fact that I know my own name is amazing

How do you accumulate that many concussions? Do you play hockey or something? :shock:

Don't be a jerk.

she probably plays football
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

dedalusdedalus wrote:

Concussions pile atop each other - once you have a significant one, they are that much easier to have. Everyday things that might give you or I negligible bump, can cause a concussion for someone w/a history.
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

harper wrote:
dedalusdedalus wrote:

Don't be a jerk.

she probably plays football

I got alot of them from daily beatings from my mom. She hated me for being born.
Others were car crashes,fights and i trained horses and rode a few bulls.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

cookie monster wrote: I have had a total of 24 concussions, so the fact that I know my own name is amazing.

You should have mentioned that from the start. We would have cut you some slack.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

cookie monster wrote:I got alot of them from daily beatings from my mom. She hated me for being born.
Others were car crashes,fights and i trained horses and rode a few bulls.

your one tough cookie. well, were all born for a reason and i'm glad your still with us. if your grammars are wrong, then i don't want to be right. :)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

When I'm making a post, I usually type exactly what's in my head. What I type isn't always logical and I often have to go back and change what I say. As for grammar, I've never been good with the rules and English is my primary language!

CookieMonster, don't feel bad about making mistakes. I think Ziggy summed it up extremely well and just putting in a tiny bit of effort will help you in the long run. I don't find it annoying when people don't use punctuation correctly, but I can't help making an image of them in my head due to stereotyping. :wink: Keep contributing to the community and eventually you'll feel more comfortable. We have a ton of very talented people here and you'd be a great addition.

That being said... the most important tool of grammar. :wink:
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/