It seems everything i do on here is wrong. (confusion)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
cookie monster
Next-Gen

It seems everything i do on here is wrong. (confusion)

Post by cookie monster »

It seem that i bother others on here because of some things i do.
I don't spell very well or use punctuation i apperently reply at the top when i quote
things and alot of people think i am a dude i am sorry if i offend anyone with my simple child like ways it is who i am i joined here so i could learn more about things i enjoy and to be able to chat with like minded people i have had many good times on here and a few bad times so with that all being said feel free to exspress your thoughts with what else i am doing wrong here.
Last edited by cookie monster on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: It seems everything i do on here is wrong.

Post by o.pwuaioc »

While I admit the lack of grammar, punctuation, and spelling is annoying, it's not something that only you do, nor is it something that interferes in how I respond. People need to just learn to accept others' idiosyncrasies and move on. If anyone is bothered with how you write, it's up to them to deal with it. It really annoyed me when Luke and dsheinem, for example, wouldn't let up on the guy who had terrible spelling and was defending legalization of pot. Of the two behaviors, ridiculing someone who for all we know may even have dyslexia is definitely the more childish.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

If that's who you are and you are happy don't change.

If you want to change just take it slow. We're happy to have you here regardless.

I find when people aren't happy with themselves is when we have problems.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

o.pwuaioc wrote:It really annoyed me when Luke and dsheinem, for example, wouldn't let up on the guy who had terrible spelling and was defending legalization of pot. Of the two behaviors, ridiculing someone who for all we know may even have dyslexia is definitely the more childish.

Go back and read the thread and get your facts straight. I never once ridiculed him for poor grammar. Watch how you throw those accusations around, please.

cookie monster, you're a good contributor to the forum and a welcome female presence. I don't recall you often being ridiculed for poor grammar, but just let it slide off your bat.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

dsheinem wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:It really annoyed me when Luke and dsheinem, for example, wouldn't let up on the guy who had terrible spelling and was defending legalization of pot. Of the two behaviors, ridiculing someone who for all we know may even have dyslexia is definitely the more childish.

Go back and read the thread and get your facts straight. I never once ridiculed him for poor grammar. Watch how you throw those accusations around, please.

viewtopic.php?p=567964#p567964

dsheinem wrote:DreamcastDude reminds me of almost every pro legalization activist I've ever encountered in real life. :lol:

What were you targeting if not his poor grammar and punctuation? True though that really Luke, sabrage and a few others were more egregious offenders. Still, focusing on him rather than the substance of his argument is poor form.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Yes, people have gotten annoyed about the bad grammar (mainly the lack of full stops making it hard to read), but I would hardly say anyone has got at you about posting above a quote (they haven't said ' that's WRONG, don't do that' or anything), and just because someone said 'dude' to you once doesn't mean that they think you're wrong for being a girl. This whole thread seems a bit stupid.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

I think you're great, cookie. Your grammatical issues don't bother me one bit and I actually enjoy reading a lot of what you have to say. I've noticed you like to help people out and that's awesome. Plus we've done a couple of trades and stuff together and you've always been an absolute pleasure to deal with. Don't let people bother you, if they have a problem with the way you type then they can easily skip over your post. Or else!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I've never had any problems with your posts, cookie monster.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Can't we all just get a long?

none of your post bothers me or your spellings cookie monster.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=567964#p567964

dsheinem wrote:DreamcastDude reminds me of almost every pro legalization activist I've ever encountered in real life. :lol:

What were you targeting if not his poor grammar and punctuation? True though that really Luke, sabrage and a few others were more egregious offenders. Still, focusing on him rather than the substance of his argument is poor form.

The SUBSTANCE OF HIS ARGUMENT was reminiscent of that made by almost every pro legalize person I know. Any inferences about grammar in my statement are entirely your own, friend.