Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
J T
Next-Gen

Wait. What? Inazuma got banned?

by J T Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:36 am

I just noticed in the Megaupload thread that people are talking about Inazuma being banned. Man, that sucks. I always liked him, even though he was rude as hell. He's probably raging out there somewhere about being censored now. It's not the call I would have made if I was moderating the board, but he did violate the rules and he was the impetus for a lot of closed threads. I'm not saying I don't understand the verdict, just that I'm not happy about it. :(
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
harper
Next-Gen

Re: Wait. What? Inazuma got banned?

by harper Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 am

Can't say I'm surprised, and his absence has certainly been noticable. haha
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 am

He'd had multiple warnings over the past few years and kept breaking the rules. He had multiple chances and he blew it.

Like that one guy that's really funny when drunk at parties, when they break something/puke on the couch/cause a neighbor to call the cops over and over, you stop inviting them to your house.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 am

Not only was he banned, he was IP banned, so he won't be making a new account here.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 am

Alas, poor Inazuma! I knew him JT.

I'm sad to see him go, but them's the breaks.

I have to admit though, that I'm painfully curious about what happened recently that finally crossed the line.

I'm aware he had a lot of warnings (as I recall, there were a few that were delivered publicly) and I understand the specifics are not going to be talked about, (which is the right thing to do, so to be clear I'm not asking) but after all of the battles I can't help but wonder.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Dylan
Next-Gen

by Dylan Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 am

Although he's gone, I doubt his antics will ever be forgotten. He's practically become a meme here on par with Ballz 3D. Every line is classic.

equalsign
Next-Gen

by equalsign Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:26 am

I'm sad to see him go too. I didn't always agree with him (I don't think anyone does), but I did agree with much of what he said. I never considered him the most disruptive or rude of our members. People would often egg him on or get very trashy when insulting him, and I was always surprised by how often he resisted the impulse to respond or stoop to their level. Obviously this wasn't the case every time or we would not be having this discussion, but that was how I observed it.

Too often it felt like everyone vs. Inazuma, and those discussions seemed to often degrade to bullying.

I don't think the forums will be as good a place without him. At the end of the day, they aren't my forums I guess.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 am

equalsign wrote:I'm sad to see him go too. I didn't always agree with him (I don't think anyone does), but I did agree with much of what he said. I never considered him the most disruptive or rude of our members. People would often egg him on or get very trashy when insulting him, and I was always surprised by how often he resisted the impulse to respond or stoop to their level. Obviously this wasn't the case every time or we would not be having this discussion, but that was how I observed it.

Too often it felt like everyone vs. Inazuma, and those discussions seemed to often degrade to bullying.

I too feel that this was rather often the case, but then again I was only here since March.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:49 am

As I said in the other thread, he was rude and half of the threads got lost into nothingness because it was absolutedly necesary to call us sheep for buying a digital game or whatever. His "I'M RIGHT AND YOU ARE A MORON FOR NOT SEEING IT" attitude didn't help matters either.

I mean, search for Inazuma and how many threads are ruined because of his rudeness and willingness to call everyone a moron. His holier than thou attitude was the problem, not his views.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

by Curlypaul Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 am

Well looking thru his most recent posts, the last fight he was involved in was the recent thread about marriage. He caused a shit storm and then ignored Dave's warnings and carried on.

I don't think it counts as bullying when one person presents an extreme point of view and is met by the complaints of majority, who by definition, hold an accepted viewpoint. Thats just the way things are, and the people with extreme points of view need to respect that most other people think differently and are perfectly entitled to. We are even entitled to pay for DLC if we choose.

You are right he never fell into name calling or anything and normally presented his unreasonable arguments in a reasonable way, but he was stubborn and refused to see anybody else's point of view - particularly on the marriage thing, which has come up a couple of times over the time he has been here.

Personally I found him worse than Moz, who was extremely antogonistic yet I always found his post funny - even when he was being obnoxious. He was chased out of town, but people think that Izzy should stay?

The difference between those two is that one was a mod and the other continually ignored the mods.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever