2011 Charity Auction: Items Arriving! Leave Feedback!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Opa Opa

Re: The 2011 Racketboy Charity Auction - GO BID!

Post by Opa Opa »

Here ya go, cookie monster.

Here's what the listing says:
Listing Details

Includes World Heroes, Fatal Fury 2, Art of Fighting 2, Art of Fighting. Original Carts, original labels, some wear as is typical with any used MVS carts.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Yipeee! Interest on my MVS carts! Keep bidding!
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Awesome, so now Gamegavel appears to be down.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Working fine for me.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

This has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Placing the auction at gamer gavel was not a good idea. I understand we're doing this for charity, but yikes. Can gamer gavel not even alphabetize items?

Great cause, awful execution. That in mind I appreciate everyone's help in this auction. It truly is a great thing and shows the great spirit the Racketeers have. It's also great that we have a great group that will really shell out from their own pocket to help others, but something seems off this year. Maybe it is a matter of timing, and again, thanks to dave and everyone else, but moving this off site doesn't seem to work to our advantage.

Maybe I'm wrong?
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Seems largely fine to me. I just checked every item, and bid on those items I wanted. This way it has a bid tracker and I can see where the items I bid on are.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Luke wrote:This has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Placing the auction at gamer gavel was not a good idea. I understand we're doing this for charity, but yikes. Can gamer gavel not even alphabetize items?

Great cause, awful execution. That in mind I appreciate everyone's help in this auction. It truly is a great thing and shows the great spirit the Racketeers have. It's also great that we have a great group that will really shell out from their own pocket to help others, but something seems off this year. Maybe it is a matter of timing, and again, thanks to dave and everyone else, but moving this off site doesn't seem to work to our advantage.

Maybe I'm wrong?

So outside of the items not being alphabetical, what is the huge disappointment and your issue with Game Gavel? "Something seems off this year" is pretty vague. Actually most of the post is.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

i actually agree with luke to a certain extent, it seems very impersonal. i know the ultimate goal is to help a charity but a nice bi-product of this auction was the camaraderie and bid wars and flame fests that erupted in the enormous thread. counting bids was a HUGE pain in the ass last year though.

i also just kinda hate gamegavel's layout. looks really...amateurish. i don't know. plus where are the damn gallery views?! wtf?!
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Luke wrote:This has been a huge disappointment for me so far. Placing the auction at gamer gavel was not a good idea. I understand we're doing this for charity, but yikes. Can gamer gavel not even alphabetize items?

Maybe I'm wrong?

Can you say more about the problem(s)? We're using GameGavel as a trial thing this year, and we'll probably hold a vote afterwards about whether or not to use it in the future...so far it is running pretty smoothly, I think.

The auction itself is a bit more lackluster because of fewer items (and fewer enticing items) donated, but that's not Game Gavel's fault. I don't see how anyone can think the way the items are displayed/listed is somehow inferior to a giant list in a forum thread (which we also have in the OP).
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

retrosportsgamer wrote:
So outside of the items not being alphabetical, what is the huge disappointment and your issue with Game Gavel? "Something seems off this year" is pretty vague. Actually most of the post is.

aaron wrote:i actually agree with luke to a certain extent, it seems very impersonal. i know the ultimate goal is to help a charity but a nice bi-product of this auction was the camaraderie and bid wars and flame fests that erupted in the enormous thread. counting bids was a HUGE pain in the ass last year though.

i also just kinda hate gamegavel's layout. looks really...amateurish. i don't know. plus where are the damn gallery views?! wtf?!

Aaron sums it up pretty well. The auction seemed a lot more tight knit when on Racketboy, and I'm not seeing a similar interest in the auction this year in posts, traffic, bids in #, and bids by $. There is also the disconnect between two websites; it doesn't flow well.

And I understand that "something seems off" may seem vague to you, but I'm guessing the guys who have been here for years know exactly what I mean. That's not your fault at all, and I didn't mean to throw you a curve, just "typing out loud".

Just seems to be a lot less interest this year in the auction. Hopefully I'm wrong.