Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by dsheinem »

sevin0seven wrote:just finished installing a new case for my modded 500GB Xbox and i like it! :D

that looks fantastic!
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

sevin0seven wrote:just finished installing a new case for my modded 500GB Xbox and i like it! :D

You have alternate colors of two of my favorite systems? My jealousy rises.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

BoringSupreez wrote:You have alternate colors of two of my favorite systems? My jealousy rises.

Don't ask where he got the N64... haha
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

harper wrote:I have to think of a good idea for one first. haha

How about one of the pictures of your N64 & controller?
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

oh my god rotten beef smells VERY VERY BAD
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

AppleQueso wrote:oh my god rotten beef smells VERY VERY BAD

Have you ever had to clean out a fridge that has been out of power for over a month? I consider myself to have quite the strong stomach, but I have never felt so nauseous in my life like the time I helped a friend do exactly that.

His roommate pulled a not so nice move and moved out, and turned off the electricity. My buddy moved his stuff into another friend's apartment as he could not afford to continue to pay rent. After cancellation fees and the last rent payment, if he wanted to see any kind of reimbursement on his deposit, he had to clean up the mess his roommate left.

I said sue the bastard (he still hasn't to this day tried to take legal action) but I also said I would help him clean out the rented house.

Dear God.

Not all the Febreeze in the world could help as the stench was so awful that it clung to your clothes, skin, hair, and whatever it could permeate. Putrid isn't a strong enough adjective to describe the smell. Rancid isn't even close.

If you've ever smelled a decaying body, when it is as ripe as possible, I remember it being even worse of a smell than that. We had to take shifts of grabbing food out of the fridge, running outside with it, throwing up, then catching our breath. Rinse, repeat (we didn't really rinse until later).

As soon as I got home from that ordeal, I threw away everything I wore that day and showered, and showered, and showered, and showered. The circumstances are going to be more than extreme for me to ever to volunteer to clean out an old fridge again.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Well I just cleaned out a fridge that'd been out of power for a little over a week. Accidentally left a little bit of food behind in it when I moved :oops: . Was supposed to get back there several days ago but I had trouble securing a ride...

Luckily there wasn't really much in there. The beef in question was just a single frozen hamburger patty.

I can't even imagine the ordeal you went through. Geez. Multiple trips to the garbage? That fridge must've been packed!
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

AppleQueso wrote: Multiple trips to the garbage? That fridge must've been packed!

Not too packed, but you could only stay in there as long as you could hold your breath.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

I went to clean a house once for a lady who rents out houses and when I went to clean the oven, there were pots and pans with rotten food that had been sitting there for I don't even know how long. It was pretty fucking disgusting.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I have also helped clean out a duplex that some disgusting people had skipped out leaving their rotting mess behind.