Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Any one ever throw some tinsel on the screen of a CRT TV? You get a pretty good shock. Warning, the following post has been made while tired and after consuming beer:

I noticed that the tinsel was getting all static, so I put some on the TV screen. Turns out that if you place it just right, you can make the tinsel look like the screen has a bad smash in it. Looks just like broken glass, especially from far away. Now if you were to use this info as a practical joke on some one, it gets better. Turn the TV on, then turn it back off. Now make some kind of glass breaking noise so some one will come running in to find the broken TV screen. They'll examine it and notice it's just tinsel, then go to get it off and ZAP!

:lol: Seriously though, it's a decent zap. At least it was for me. So much so that you could see blue bolts jumping to your finger and all across the tinsel. Funny thing was, you turn the TV on and the tinsel starts dancing. Turn the TV off and it jumps, flies, stands STRAIGHT out, and all sorts of wacky shit.

PS, did I mess the memo about everyone putting Xmas hats on their avatars? Or Hobie's Rudolph nose? Should I put one on Bender?
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

You should put a liability message in there that you're not responsible for anyone getting electrocuted while attempting this.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Ziggy587 wrote:PS, did I mess the memo about everyone putting Xmas hats on their avatars? Or Hobie's Rudolph nose? Should I put one on Bender?

And Ack's Kwaanza hat!

Either Dave or Bacteria were first I think and it's just been slowly snowballing since then.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hobie-wan wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:PS, did I mess the memo about everyone putting Xmas hats on their avatars? Or Hobie's Rudolph nose? Should I put one on Bender?

And Ack's Kwaanza hat!

Either Dave or Bacteria were first I think and it's just been slowly snowballing since then.

Did somebody mention my hat?
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

I have yet to see a yarmulke. Some one needs to unleash the pika-jew
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I hate my mother-in-law. F'n manic depressive alcoholic. Of course not, why would you be drunk after drinking for the past 4 hours? How dare I insinuate that. She drives drunk and thinks nothing of it. Damned if I have tried everything to stop it but here alcoholism matters for nothing despite laws.
She'll never likely get better and she'll eventually kill herself via alcohol-related something (crash, cirrhosis, falling of a bridge, etc) but the worst thing is that I feel really bad for my wife as I nor anyone can help her mother.
/rant
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sorry to hear that, man. Sucks. Seems that every family (if large enough) has at least one dead-beat relative. I don't wanna get into it, but I have some dead-beat relatives in my family, so I know what it can be like.

What sucks is when a drunk driver crashes and lives, but kills another driver. Especially when you hear about it happening around this time of year. Shit, there was a family that lived a few houses down from me. I remember when I was young, it was the father, the sister and the brother. The mother was in jail. She was driving drunk and killed somebody.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hobie-wan wrote:
And Ack's Kwaanza hat!

Alright, I couldn't resist. I had to join! It's pretty funny, you type Santa Hat into Google image and you find a TON of headless hats, ready to be Photoshoped onto heads. I mean, I even found one that was the correct angle for Bender, I didn't have to change it at all. Just resize it. Thought that was pretty funny.

And oh yeah, Ack's Kwaanza hat is awesome!
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

I asked for the limited edition Super Mario all stars for wii big set thingy for christmas, and I don't have a wii. Oh, I just ate chocolate cake
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Anyone know how to easily edit a .gif? I want to give Kim a Santa hat. :D
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^