George Willborn And Family File $100 Million Lawsuit

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: George Willborn And Family File $100 Million Lawsuit

Post by Luke »

Octopod wrote:It is not even the same thing though. American is a nationality while the others are ethnicities. Sure there is an American ethnicity but based on what you said neither you nor I belong to that group.

I just consider myself an American.

But I may start calling myself "Handsome-American".
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I can only picture you as your avatar. :lol:
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Octopod wrote:I can only picture you as your avatar. :lol:

That made me laugh.

Okay... I look like my avatar, but I look a little more handsome but just as much as an asshole. I call it "jerk face". Even when I sleep I look pissed at the world, which I'm not.
wilsona26
16-bit

Post by wilsona26 »

If someone owns a property and they decide not to sell it to someone because of a personal bias, its thier choice to make. The majority of Americans might not agree, but it should go hand in hand with freedom of speech, freedom of the press, etc. If someone was to give me 1.7 million dollars, I wouldnt care what they were, but if it means that much to those folks to not sell to a black family, then it should stand as thier choice. Equal housing and all that bullshit be damned. The government is getting to the point where they get involved with every aspect of people's lives these days. I might not agree with some of the ignorant things people do in thier lives, but I fight to defend thier freedoms to do those ignorant things. Any time a portion of the constitution is chipped away, it is a slow and agonizing process towards no constitution at all. Freedom goes all or none. All we can hope is that one day people like those sellers wise up and stop living in the 1950's, until then, everyone should respect the rights of them to be racist. Besdies, all these law changes, and arguments over these issues costs us taxpayers money. I dont feel like paying for a lengthy trial and everything associated with it.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

First of all, if anyone calls me white again I'm going to be depressed and sue everyone because it's only politically correct to call me GERMAN AMERICAN. I've never been to Germany, but I think my great great great great great grandpa was born there.

Second, I, an anyone else, can sell my house to whoever I want based on whatever grounds I want. Race does matter.

Statistically speaking, black people are more "gangsta" than white people. So, there is more chance that a black person will be like that than a white person. What if the guy doesn't want to take his chances?

Also, even if it was blatantly obvious he's not going to sell based on race, can you ever be sure? Unless he came out and said it, how do you really know? He could just make up some stupid reason.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

slowslow325 wrote:
Statistically speaking, black people are more "gangsta" than white people. So, there is more chance that a black person will be like that than a white person. What if the guy doesn't want to take his chances?

Also, even if it was blatantly obvious he's not going to sell based on race, can you ever be sure? Unless he came out and said it, how do you really know? He could just make up some stupid reason.
Wow what a moronic post.. I usually don't get into these discussions on a video game board but you my friend take the cake..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I wouldn't buy a house from Indians. I'm not racist, I just don't want to live in a house that smells like Cumin.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Jrecee wrote:I wouldn't buy a house from Indians. I'm not racist, I just don't want to live in a house that smells like Cumin.

What if the house was worth over 5 million and they sold it to you for 300 grand? :lol:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

That's it, all you mofos better start calling me a Czechoslo-Brit-erican or I'll sue your asses back to the stone age.

I agree that people shouldn't be racist assholes but they should also be able to choose who they sell or trade with. Those of use who were trading away some beloved console that we were forced to sell would rather have it go to someone who would take care of it. All that should be happening to the guy is being outed for being a racist asshole, then they should move on and find another house.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Hobie-wan wrote:
I agree that people shouldn't be racist assholes but they should also be able to choose who they sell or trade with. Those of use who were trading away some beloved console that we were forced to sell would rather have it go to someone who would take care of it. All that should be happening to the guy is being outed for being a racist asshole, then they should move on and find another house.
For the most part I agree as well.. The comedian should have just moved on and dismissed the seller.. He makes the situation worse by trying to sue.. With all that said, why would the seller really care who bought the house? He should be happy he got a decent bid, take the money and shut up.. Not like the house is his anymore and he gets decent coin for the property, even though it's his right to sell his house to whom he wants..