Its Summer - Newest Reply (Scroll Down) Game Masters Exhibit

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Its Summer - Go outside already!

Post by Gamerforlife »

CRTGAMER wrote:Opposite feelings here. I think swimming is one of the best exercises one can do.
A no sweat workout on all the muscles and crap its a lot of fun too. :mrgreen:

Well, you are part of the ocean food chain though. :lol:

:lol:

Hey, you know what? Exercising with no sweat? I guess that is sort of cool. Never thought of it that way
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

God I love Indian Summer! End of September and still swimming with the leopard sharks. Water cold, but the wetsuit is a nice buffer. This past weekend, a bunch of swimmers were doing a timed competetion, clogging up the cove and beach. So finally took the plunge over at a manmade protected beach that is over-run with seals. Built years ago as a protected children's pool and has very light surf. Advantage is underwater sand doesn't get stirred up as much. Animal rights groups trying to keep snorkelers away. Little piece of heaven here, that enclosed beach keeps the water warm with lots of eel grass and bright orange garibaldi fish. Oh yes and all the seals cruising by. This small beach has been closed and re-opened to the public so many times due to all the legal battles over donated land for swimmers vs wild life sanctuary. I say if leave it open to both seal and swimmer alike, take a chance when you are in the water.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

I suppose I might as well reflect on my summer.

My trip to South Carolina stayed short, thank God, but I wasn't able to really find anything video game related. I searched all around for Pawn shops/thrift stores/etc. but only really found a couple of cheap DVD's I've been wanting to get.

Other than that, nothing much happened. Except band camp.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Worthy of the ticked smile thread. Happened last Sunday.

End of Summer Blues - Your smile at my ticked misery.
After another fun day at the lake, broke a trailer axle in the lake parking lot. Crap! Crap! Crap! The good is I wasn't on that steep launching ramp or should I say hill. Jacked up trailer and pulled the tire. Hub spun fine, bearing buddy had plenty of grease. The axle sheared between hub and leaf spring. Lucky a Tandem Trailor. Unlucky over a half hour drive home at normal freeway speed. Boat sitting at angle all the weight leaning ready to crush the remaining axle. If I leave the trailor and boat, would have been stripped of parts. Even though an older ski boat, that Hardin 455 motor would have been to tempting. Not to mention the gauge cluster.

The smile
I made it all the way home with two right wheels and one left wheel going forty MPH ALL the way home on the freeway. Yeah honk you bastards can't you see I'm limping with a listed boat and missing wheel! Teased wife about stopping for gas a Costco on the way home, uh no. When finally backing the boat in my driveway I can see that remaining tire hanging out, had to use a floor jack to assist the tail over the driveway ramp.

WHEW! and the fix
Disconnected boat trailor from truck and without the one back wheel the front of the boat wants to fly to the sky. Another small fortune that I have excess bearing buddy grease slapped in that tongue. Pulled off broken axle by cutting the U-Bolts with my grinder. Remaining axle does have a running crack from the drive home. Ordered two new Dexter axles through local trailer supplier. Take two weeks to custom weld up the size. Boat recuperating in the driveway with four jackstands. Once I change out both, I will literally kiss that remaining axle for getting us home.

It was still fun at the lake and definitely not a boring drive home. :lol:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Monday, October 18th
Read above for the shearing.
Two new custom sized Dexter axles arrived today at my local trailer parts store. Built in Oklahoma, that's a long haul with a bigger 18 wheel trailer! Never knew about that bow up in the center to compensate for the weight. The idea is tires will run straight instead of bowing out under the weight. This is going to be a tight fit, looks very close to hitting the keel.

R.O.B. NES Birthday Mod will be a belated one, Trailer will get fixed first this week.

EDIT
A little tricky with the pre-load bow in the middle. Since the axle is above the leaf spring, I couldn't use the trailer-boat weight to flatten out the center. Ended up using a scissor jack as a rigged porta-power to pull the flange over the stud on the leaf spring. After clamping off with U-Bolts the axles fit great! The wheels run true but do twist up and down when making a turn. Does put a scare, those axles flexing. The weight shifts around due to turns and the side scuffing of the tandem wheels really pulls the axle up and down. I hate these "Torsion Bar" axles, trick is if they will hold. Considering its a 1973 trailer, the old axles had over thirty years of flexing, metal fatigue that finally sheared. Maybe a design to ease the strain on that ridged trailer frame.

Well, starting to get a little cold for water sports, but there is always fishing!
Attachments
Boat Launch.jpg
Boat Launch.jpg (149.92 KiB) Viewed 2073 times
Boat Trailor Axle 03.jpg
Boat Trailor Axle 03.jpg (248.9 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Boat Trailor Axle 05.jpg
Boat Trailor Axle 05.jpg (208.72 KiB) Viewed 2098 times

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Car Show

Post by CRTGAMER »

Classic Cars
Okay this is weird. While waiting for the wife in the mall parking lot, a Chevelle Malibu pulls up next to me. Five minutes later a Pony car Mustang pulls in the other side. :shock: Snapped the cell phone pic right from my drivers seat. The unusual coincidence is that both are clean and stock driven by elderly people, probably the original owners. A nice feeling knowing that STOCK classic muscle cars are still around as daily drivers. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Chevelle and Mustang.jpg
Chevelle and Mustang.jpg (240.39 KiB) Viewed 1967 times

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

:lol: Nice.

Pretty much the same feeling I get when I look at non riced-up 80's Hondas that still look great.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Jrecee wrote:Do you happen to live in Alameda?

http://jalopnik.com/#!397933/what-is-down-on-the-street

But Murilee left Jalopnik last year and moved to Colorado so no more Almeda DOTS. Now it is Found Off The Street in Cape Cod.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Ah. . . I don't keep up. More into autoblog. Jalopnik is a little too random for me. But they do have cool features from time to time.