Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Post by jfe2 »

chupon wrote:May I suggest members include in their signatures a link to their Buy/Sell/Trade thread and maybe even their Game Room Pictures thread?

I just updated my signature while abiding to the 4 lines of signature rule.

Just an idea.

Not a bad idea!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

chupon wrote:May I suggest members include in their signatures a link to their Buy/Sell/Trade thread and maybe even their Game Room Pictures thread?

Just an idea.

I've got my sale/service thread in there. But I've also got links to other useful things like the weight chart and power brick info. There's a 5 link limit in sigs which is understandable to prevent spamming. I suppose one could put a link for "My super duper information thread" which then has links to BST/Collection and anything else useful.
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Hobie-wan wrote:

Just an idea.

I've got my sale/service thread in there. But I've also got links to other useful things like the weight chart and power brick info. There's a 5 link limit in sigs which is understandable to prevent spamming. I suppose one could put a link for "My super duper information thread" which then has links to BST/Collection and anything else useful.

That shipping weight chart has come in handy more than once. Very cool of you to have it available.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Hobie-wan wrote:

Just an idea.
I did that in a way. A few large threads listed with the my biggest and oldest post: CRT vs LCD having links to some of my other large posts. I sometimes add to the larger guides as new info surfaces. CRT vs LCD thread may reach a word limit?

The charts are very handy, thanks Hobie !

Perhaps everyone also include a list of your sytems you own? Shows where your interest is.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I keep a link to several things on the site in my sig too, but keep it condensed to three lines. I think the smaller the sig, the better.

One line for the online ID stuff, a second line in case people want to see my collection, read my gaming blog, or see my list of movie reviews, and a third line to link to the most recent podcast.

I didn't even know about that four link limit - good to know!
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

- Automated feedback system
- More retro gaming 101's

:D
Ack

Post by Ack »

christoph wrote:- Automated feedback system

Do you mean console or game genre 101s?
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Ack wrote:
christoph wrote:- Automated feedback system

Do you mean console or game genre 101s?

I personally would like more articles in general. I actually started on this site (like many people I'm sure) frequenting the articles for about six months before I even touched the forums. I am glad to see them being updated and new ones being added but I still want more.

I would like to see some new "101's" as well as some new "pushed the limits". I'm not sure if there are any available consoles to do a "defining games" article on but I love those as well.
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

101's on game consoles would be sweet.

It'd be cool to do more obscure ones that its hard to find information on.

But there is still a bunch non-obscure ones that aren't up yet.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; this forum NEEDS spoiler tags. While you're at it, throw in strikethrough text, as well.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^