RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION: ONE DAY AUCTION FOR UNPAID ITEMS NOW LIVE

Post by dsheinem »

sevin0seven wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:62. Lot of 2 Sealed AtariLynx games - Klax and Robo Squash - $10 spin the demon - SHIPPED TODAY

123. Black Space Invaders T-Shirt (size L) - $10 dsheinem - SHIPPED TODAY

Fedex Tracking numbers will be PM shortly. :D

both items was delivered yesterday. check your tracking numbers for details.

It arrived indeed! My wife is thrilled that I have another "nerd shirt" :roll:
classicgamer5
Next-Gen

Re: RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - ITEMS SHIPPING!

Post by classicgamer5 »

Its been snowing all day and is going to for the next day or so. I'll ship the rest of the stuff as soon as I can.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Hey all - just a few quick updates.

1) I'll be shipping the items I contributed this Saturday, so you should expect them (in the USA) next week. The rest of the world will probably get them the following week.

2) I decided I would go with charity payment option 1, since I want to be able to send letters/lists of contributors and that seemed to be the majority sentiment of folks who chimed in. I haven't yet heard back from Luke with an alternate suggestion, and I wanted to go ahead and transfer funds from PayPal so that I can mail the checks early next week (since it takes a few days for PayPal to process the transfer). As promised, I'll be sure to post scans of the deposited checks and to make sure I send with signature confirmation.

3) RE: Suggestions to do this again. I certainly am interested in doing this again - but not until next year (although perhaps a few weeks earlier). If we do it quarterly, semi-annually, etc. I think it would lose significance and participation. There will be some polls before the auction next year to gauge opinions on when/how to do it, but in the meantime you can start putting aside things to contribute :D .
JWatts
24-bit

Post by JWatts »

I agree with keeping it yearly, gives people time to store up items and prepare for it. Also keeps it from being a chore to whoever stays in charge of it.
bacteria
Next-Gen

Post by bacteria »

Annual is best, and probably best around second week of January when people have some crap Christmas pressies to dispose of, and old ones superceded by newer stuff. Also, people will have some cash to use...
I am the Bacman
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dsheinem wrote:Hey all - just a few quick updates.

4. I updated the total in post 2: $1137.60 will go to charity. Two items were lost by the donor, so $ refunded to those buyers. We also had a few people kick in a little extra $ here and there when they made their payment (some also kicked in $ to help with shipping charges).

$1130 (total of items sold)
+$7.60 (extra "kicked in" to payments and designated for charity)
------------------------------------
$1137.60
-$82 (total sent directly to charities by buyers)
-------------------------------------
$1055.60
/2 (two charities)
------------------------------------
$527.80 - check sent directly to each charity
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Awesome!

Also, I'm about to head to the PO and send out my items, expect Tracking numbers from me soon, guys!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Well, I didn't find time to ship my items out today. :( Looks like I have to head to the post office first thing tomorrow morning!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Got my Gen Propad from JP1 yesterday actually. Finally had a chance to test it out. Its actually not a bad little pad IMHO. I'm not sure what the L & R are for, maybe they duplicate X, Y, or Z. I didn't dig out SFIIC for testing.
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

Just got Silent Scope, thanks miked! Game looks great, haven't gotten a chance to play it yet though. My girlfriend enjoyed popping through bubble wrap though. :lol:
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)