RACKETBOY 2009 CHARITY AUCTION - THANKS EVERYONE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION: Ethyl and turkey - You owe $ !!

Post by dsheinem »

18masterkyle paid - we apparently had some communication confusion, so the delay wasn't entirely his fault...

anyway, just two left to pay.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I have an idea for AARST's stuff.

Might it be a good idea to send it in batches of 2 or 3 (or even 1)? For instance send stuff people in the US who are known to be careful packers so that there aren't a dozen packages making the trip across the ocean? It might work out cheaper, not sure.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I have one item for AARST and one item for Kingmod.

I notified Dsh that I'd pay for stateside, but not International shipping. Ever the generous one, Dave said he'd help with shipping costs. If we can combine packages, and save Dave some money, I am all for it. Hell, I'd be happy to triple my previous shipping costs if it would help.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

I have 2 GG games for AARST, so if we do consolidation it would probably be better for me to send them to someone as they're super light. But I don't mind being a collection point either.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I personally will just ship my stuff by itself. The combined shipping idea is fine, but it may add some extra costs and time to get items where they need to go. If several donors want to collaborate do this, I suggest you work it out via PM (and do so quickly!).

Also, while I am indeed personally covering some of the shipping expenses for those who requested it before the auction started, you also owe a debt of thanks to Ack, fastbilly1, and racketboy - they all chipped in to cover those requested shipping costs, even though they didn't actually win any items. In addition, international buyers chipped in extra to cover expenses for some of the larger items/lots. All told, there is around $150 in shipping costs that are being covered by these extra payments!

There is much more being covered by those donors who are able to pay for shipping themselves...it took a lot to make "free shipping" work out, so all the donors really do enjoy some major kudos.
Rebz
24-bit

Re: CHARITY AUCTION:Ethyl-turkey-classicgamer5-18masterkyle owe$

Post by Rebz »

jp1 wrote:Ok, tracking info sent to everyone (except Rebz). All items will go out on Monday. Thanks for the contribution guys. :D

Rebz...I will be shipping yours on Monday as well. The online shipping service won't allow me to send items first class to your country so I will need to take care of that at the post office.

I'll start tucking away a few things here and there for next years auction.

It's all good, thanks for letting me know :D
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

Hey I just wanted to double check that you got my payment Dsh. I sent it in yesterday, around 6 PM pacific time. If you need any sort of confirmation or receipt or anything I think I have one from paypal.
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Lokkenjawnz wrote:Hey I just wanted to double check that you got my payment Dsh. I sent it in yesterday, around 6 PM pacific time. If you need any sort of confirmation or receipt or anything I think I have one from paypal.

You were on the list sent to item donors as paid. You are good sir.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Hobie-wan wrote:I have 2 GG games for AARST, so if we do consolidation it would probably be better for me to send them to someone as they're super light. But I don't mind being a collection point either.

Ok, looks like it will only be a little over $3 for me to send the GG games, so probably not worth consolidating in my case. Could still be worth it for bulkier stuff though.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Whew, just got all the stuff boxed. I'll try to have them sent out by Wednesday. I'll be sending most of the bigger lots by standard ground shipping, and smaller ones by air. If someone wants their package sent by some other (faster) method, or wants a tracking number by paying the difference, PM me and let me know before Wed. afternoon.

On the lot of misc Xbox & GBA stuff being re-auctioned, feel free to split it up, I have lots of small boxes left.

I managed to fit the stuff Aarst won from my lots into a decently small (slightly bulging) package, so no problem shipping that on my end.

Thanks again to Dsheinem. Wish I'd noticed that list down there before I labeled everything.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage