Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

AUCTION DONATIONS - THANKS EVERYONE! STARTS SATURDAY!

by dsheinem Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 pm

AUCTION STARTS SATURDAY!

For the second straight year, racketboy.com forum members will have an opportunity to help out those in need of your donation and support.

Last year, we held an informal (and semi-private) donation drive to help out a member in need. This year, we have decided to hold a charity auction to raise money for The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA): http://www.nacoa.net/index.htm. As many of you know, long-time forum member and site contributor RyaNtheSlayA recently lost his mother due, in part, to complications from alcoholism.

According to the NACoA website:
The people hurt most by drugs and alcohol don't even use them; they are the CHILDREN of alcoholics and other drug dependent parents.

The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA) believes that none of these vulnerable children should grow up in isolation and without support. NACoA is the national nonprofit 501 (c) 3 membership and affiliate organization working on behalf of children of alcohol and drug dependent parents.

Our mission is to eliminate the adverse impact of alcohol and drug use on children and families.

We thought that this charity drive might be a nice way to send our condolences to Ryan and, more importantly, to help out children who could use the support.

The plan is to run the auction from December 12th-26th, with a set ending time of 11:59PM EST on the 26th. Payment for items will be due by January 2nd. The auction will be run on this very forum, and bidding will start at $1 per item or bundle with .50 or larger incremental bids. More details of the auction format will be announced once it gets started...

Here's what we need from YOU:

1. PM me a list of items you are willing to donate to the auction. If you can also attach a link to pictures of the item(s), it would be ideal (though not required). Be sure to provide all relevant description information (e.g. the game is complete, the system smells like socks, etc.)

2. Items that you can donate are not limited to games, but can also include systems, accessories, movies, etc. You can also choose to donate bundled packages (e.g. a bundle of 3 games and a system, 10 movies, etc.). Live animals, weapons, personal favors, and other unmailable items are not actionable.

3. In your PM, let me know if you will cover shipping costs or if the winning bidder will be expected to pay shipping. If you want the bidder to pay shipping, specify how much shipping will be for each item so that it can be listed alongside the item in the auction (and be reasonable!). Also provide your PayPal address so that I can send you the shipping costs when they are collected.

So, take a look around and see what items you might be able to donate. Please submit your list of donations for the auction to me by December 10th .
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: THE 2009 RACKETBOY CHARITY AUCTION - CALL FOR DONATIONS

by Hobie-wan Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Finally, an chance to get rid of all my stuff that smells like old socks!

I'll see what I can find. The contest prizes may have to suffer though. :P
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Finally, an chance to get rid of all my stuff that smells like old socks!

I'll see what I can find. The contest prizes may have to suffer though. :P

ditto.

I'll see what I can find in my bat cave.
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:37 pm

i will probably be buying
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Great cause, but too late for me as I've donated several boxes to Goodwill.

But! I'll ask around to see if I can't help out.

*edit: Will this auction only be on video games? I have friends that will contribute, but not necessarily games.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Luke wrote:Great cause, but too late for me as I've donated several boxes to Goodwill.

But! I'll ask around to see if I can't help out.

*edit: Will this auction only be on video games? I have friends that will contribute, but not necessarily games.

I think games, systems, accessories, movies, CDs, small elctronics, etc. - generally stuff that is easy to ship and that you think people will be interested in.

I'd love to see people donate more than just the junk they can't get rid of - a few premium items would be quite nice :D
classicgamer5
Next-Gen

by classicgamer5 Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:10 pm

I have some DVDs I never watch and maybe some games, i'll send you the list when I get everything ready
KholdStare
128-bit

by KholdStare Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Ahh I really like this charity, as I too suffered from a mother who was a drug addict and an alcoholic. I have a few things I can donate. A few extra consoles lying around. I'll PM you my list by Sunday.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:38 am

Thank you those of you who are thinking of supporting this. It truly means a lot.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:41 am

Ill put together a list of stuff I have this weekend.
This is a great idea!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever