Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
deadpixels
16-bit

Re: Games you like that were generally disliked/hated

Post by deadpixels »

I really enjoyed Blue Stinger and Illbleed on the Dreamcast, though those games are panned pretty fiercely. I know they aren't the best produced games, but something about the cheesy atmosphere and gameplay really did it for me.

Another game that gets a lot of crap is Breakdown for the Xbox. For some reason I really enjoyed that as well. I think the problem with Breakdown is how many reviewers try to stack it against the other FPS competition at the time, when really it was much more an adventure game than a shooter.
insanecow0
32-bit

Post by insanecow0 »

deadpixels wrote:I really enjoyed Blue Stinger and Illbleed on the Dreamcast, though those games are panned pretty fiercely. I know they aren't the best produced games, but something about the cheesy atmosphere and gameplay really did it for me.

Another game that gets a lot of crap is Breakdown for the Xbox. For some reason I really enjoyed that as well. I think the problem with Breakdown is how many reviewers try to stack it against the other FPS competition at the time, when really it was much more an adventure game than a shooter.

I actually wanted to check all those games out before you posted this, and now even more so :lol:
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

Tao Feng, I thought it was pretty good.
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

deadpixels wrote:I really enjoyed Blue Stinger and Illbleed on the Dreamcast, though those games are panned pretty fiercely. I know they aren't the best produced games, but something about the cheesy atmosphere and gameplay really did it for me.

Actually I'm playing Blue Stinger and it's a great game, sure it's flawed but I love the combat system and the soundtrack.

Anyways, I'm loving Splatterhouse on the PS3, it's definetely flawed (Poor framerates, cheap deaths, some clunky mechanics) but it's so fun.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Game you LOVE that everyone else HATES

Post by Xeogred »

I guess I'll add Duke Nukem Forever to my list. :lol:

I wouldn't say I LOVED it, but it was good and I really enjoyed it.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

Illbleed, the 1st boss is totally wtf hard.

Electroplankton... no one gets it.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

BurningDoom wrote:
Ryvius wrote:I'm gonna have to say I love Sonic 3D Blast. Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion at all.

Also I enjoyed The Last Remnant... a lot. I don't know why though. :lol:

I also like that game. In fact it's the only 3D Sonic game I've enjoyed (although I LOVE the 2D entries). I have to admit, though, that you're like the only other guy I've ever met that actually likes it too.

I liked it, it was a typical Sonic game in every way but the overhead viewing angle. The Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were definitely better though, if you ignore all the pointless extra character stages and the hub world
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Nutty
16-bit

Post by Nutty »

Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. I loved this game and still pop it in the PS2 from time to time. I would beg to differ with the overall 63% it received at Game Rankings...
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Nutty wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. I loved this game and still pop it in the PS2 from time to time. I would beg to differ with the overall 63% it received at Game Rankings...

63% is hardly 'hated', just average.

Stupid review inflation. :roll:
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Hobie-wan wrote:
Nutty wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses. I loved this game and still pop it in the PS2 from time to time. I would beg to differ with the overall 63% it received at Game Rankings...

63% is hardly 'hated', just average.

Stupid review inflation. :roll:

blame the way schools grade things. In most places, anything less than 70 is a failure.

'swhy I think out of 4 is ideal. 2/4 is perceived as mediocre/average, just how it should be.