Racketboy Asks: What Classic Console Do You Play Most?

My goal with this little site it to provide a place that is as useful and practical as possible for anyone that is looking to build upon or maximize their classic gaming collection.   However, since we have such a diverse readership here, I thought it might be a good idea to run a poll every now and then to see what consoles you have the most interest in – either that you currently have or what you plan on getting in the future.

This is the first in a series of polls that I’ll post every now and then.   I’m curious

Just choose one of options below (I know it’s probably hard to choose one) and feel free to justify your choice in the comments section below.

What Classic Console Do You Play Most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

67 Comments

executioner says:

Dreamcast! But the popularity of snes will probably win.

MrMichael says:

Dreamcast. I can’t stop playing Power Stone. 🙂

Logan says:

Dreamcast by far! My favorite console ever! I had a blast playing Ikaruga, Power Stone 2, Guilty Gear X, and Sega Rally 2, Virtua Tennis, Mr. Driller, and oddly enough, Seaman with my girlfriend and her brother yesterday. Great times!

Dreamcast > Genesis(/CD) > Saturn > PlayStation > Master System > Super Nintendo > Nintendo 64… don’t own any of the other ones mentioned.

boringsupreez says:

My choice would be SNES, followed by N64. If they were asking which systems I play most period, it would be PC followed by Xbox 360.

Pingfa says:

I voted Genesis/Mega Drive. To be honest, it’s the only console I’ve played in a while, for the most part. Whenever I’m in a gaming mood, it’s generally the first place I look.

That being said, I’d say I’m more interested in the NES at the moment – just when I think I know all the great titles out there, I find another hidden gem.

DCbrotha says:

I love the DREAMCAST! Best system period. Sega needs to get on the Dreamcast 2! My Dreamcast(s) still get a lot of playtime. Yesterday, I was on my DC playin Wind and Water Power Battles, Outtrigger and Propeller Arena. I have found that Dreamcast has provided the best simple gameplay out there to date. The games play like games and feel like a game, nothing more. When the Dreamcast was pumpin out games, developers had/have pasion for the games and the system and thats why its been such a solid system. Long live the Dreamcast! Give us Dreamcast 2 Sega!

krunkfu2 says:

Dreamcast, mainly because I just got a game for it.
Cannon Spike is awesome!

Franco says:

At first I was thinking about the picking the Genesis but since Dreamcast was on the list I had to automatically default to it.

Go Dreamcast! #1

Lane says:

I voted for the 2600, as I don’t consider the Dreamcast or Playstation to be “classic” yet.

Jose says:

The popularity of Dreamcast never ceases to amaze me. Judging by the results of this thing so far, the Genesis is sorely underrated. Strange that Sega’s most successful console could be underrated among retro gamers, but that’s where we are now.

Then again, maybe it’s because Dreamcast is hardly retro, what with how it’s only a generation old. It was part of the PS2/Xbox/GC generation.

I went with the SNES. It has some of my favorite A/A+ titles and a lot of good stuff in between. I find myself playing it more often than my other classic consoles.

Droid party says:

You bitches ain’t never got no Vectrex!?

Harmik says:

I voted other but my order is

1. Intellivision

2. Atari 5200 & Colecovision (About the same)

3. Vectrex

butane bob says:

What a tough one!

Nice to see the DC getting so much love. 🙂

I chose snes though, not that i like it more than other systems it just happens to be what i’ve been playing most of… probably coz of all the great translated games available online.

Franco says:

Anyone find it ironic that Saturn is beating PS1? 🙂

Cronson says:

I picked Genesis only because Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection has been taking up so much of my time.

But I swear, if I owned a Neo Geo I would be all over that!

the7k says:

“Anyone find it ironic that Saturn is beating PS1?”

Not really. Most of us got most of our fill of PS1 due to it being the leader. Now, we’re working backwards to get all those unique Saturn games that have never been ported to other consoles.

Franco says:

Will Sega notice this poll and start work on the DC2???!

crux says:

the7k says:

“Why is Dreamcast on the list but not any of the other consoles of that generation?”

I should think the Dreamcast belongs more to the PSX/N64/Saturn generation than the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation. Dreamcast died almost as soon as PS2 hit (In the West), and it never even saw direct competition with GCN or Xbox.

Franco says:

“I should think the Dreamcast belongs more to the PSX/N64/Saturn generation than the PS2/GCN/Xbox generation. Dreamcast died almost as soon as PS2 hit (In the West), and it never even saw direct competition with GCN or Xbox”

^ Gotta disagree with this, Dreamcast is apart of the Sixth Generation of consoles. Problem with it is that it only had a 2 year “official” lifespan and a 10+ year unofficial lifespan.

Droid party says:

“Will Sega notice this poll and start work on the DC2???!”

anosou says:

While it did never see direct competition it’s still considered part of that generation. I would’ve voted PS2 in a heartbeat if it was on the list.

Franco says:

When is this poll going to end?

Cygnus X-1 says:

Dreamcast. For the win.

Then I play my collection of arcade games 🙂

racketboy says:

Franco, poll will probably stay open.
Is that ok?