What happened to saturn torrents?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
alonzobots2

What happened to saturn torrents?

Post by alonzobots2 »

Does anybody know what happened to saturn torrents? I really miss that site. That was the best saturn site ever.
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Hah, I asked the same thing!

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

It really was a great Saturn site. Lucky I got my Saturn utilities from there before it was shut down.

Any updates on what happened to it, Racketboy? :?

===EDIT===
Oops..dunno how I missed this..
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/01/ ... tscom.html
:roll:
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

It was up one day and gone the next, I don't get where it went, woould be nice to know.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I was just about to post that post :)

BTW, nice to see you alonzobots2 :)
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Thanks

Post by Mega-Dan »

good to see you made such a cool site :) I got everything I pretty much wanted from there right about the time time warner decided to stop allowing me to have a decent bittorrent connection. I couldnt get "green" connections anymore. I was still uploading a decent amount, but I had to stop because no one could connect and I wasnt really helping anyone, which stinks because I had some really rare stuff here.
The only game I regret no getting before they shut down was "bubble memories" but to tell the truth I am not sure that game actually exists for sega saturn, I have heard it has but I have never even seen a copy for sale on ebay, or for download on saturn torrents. For playstation it detects modchips, which makes it useless since its an import copy, which is unfortunate because thats a more common find.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Thanks -- glad you enjoy the site
I have a "Bubble Bobble Featuring Rainbow Island" & "Bubble Symphony"
Do those happen to be ones you are looking for?
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Bubble memories

Post by Mega-Dan »

Actually no, that is bubble bobble 2, this is Bubble memorie is entitles "Bubble memories: the story of bubble bobble 3" I believe and bubble symphony is bubble bobble 4. Its super rare and I am not at all sure it really exists for saturn. In fact I just discovered it doesnt even exist for playstation, What i had for playstation was what you just mentioned! Its bizarrely rare for a game in a relatively popular series. I have it for mame on my xbox but it runs like molasses, probably around ten frames a second slower than it should which sucks the fun right out of it. I have bubble symphony, which supposedly is a better game any way if anyone wants it, that is an amazing game, probably the best bubble bobble ever. You can choose different paths and it has a great deal of replayability and bosses as well as different characters with different powers, an amazing game, the fact that it is only in japanese only hampers it a little bit. It would be odd that they released bubble bobble 4 but not 3 for a home system, especially taito, they have released bustamove/puzzle-bobble on every system ever made as well as milking bubble bobble until it pops.
I can only hope at this point that Taito decides to release it as part of some complitation instead of releaseing crapptacular new versions of bubble bobble for the nintendo handhelds that come with great versions of the original versions of bubble bobble. Why dont they just release a Nintendo ds game that has Bubble bobble 2 for the NES, Bubble memories and bubble symphony? That would be a game that nobody probably has played all the levels of and would have around 300 levels of gameplay. They could even throw in the Final Bubble bobble from the sega master system! That would really rock.
If anyone has this please let me know, this game is crazy rare.
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer »

Bubble Memories can be found on EmuAsylum.com. Hope this helps you to find the game that you are looking for. I just tried it and it is a pretty cool game. Too bad they never did make it for the Saturn.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

the arcade ROM?