Summer Carnival 92 - Recca

2D Shooters Invade
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Summer Carnival 92 - Recca

Post by fastbilly1 »

Has anyone else played this unique shump? It is an NES game that moves like a Touhou and looks like a TG16 game. It is fast, sharp, and rarely misses a frame, why has it not gathered more than a very small fanbase? Well apart from the fact that it was released in small quantities and that the cart goes for over $450 when it shows up on ebay (once in the past year).
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Actually I was looking into this:
http://nesreproductions.com/

Not only can I get Recca and Mother, I can get an updated roster on Tecmobowl.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

whats to stop someone from selling it for $450?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

At NES Repros he takes a US cart and rewrites it with the game, the original was for the Famicom.
corn619
Next-Gen

nes reproductions

Post by corn619 »

vlame wrote:whats to stop someone from selling it for $450?
Nothing but if your a avid collector you should know that these were churned out by some guy in his basement and are not worth much. I saw some SNES games like this go for over $250.00 on ebay and some idiot bought it to! Goes to show as long as there is suckers in this world there will be people making money off the suckers. Athough it is a cool idea considering all the NES rom hackers out there.
timewarpgamer
64-bit

Let's TALK about the game!

Post by timewarpgamer »

Whatever. Has anyone else actually played this game?

It's on my list of greatest NES games ever. I wasn't impressed by the sound and music but the incredible speed and intensity of the gameplay, practically flicker free, impressed me. It's a technological tour de force and I doubt that there's a better vertically-scrolling shoot 'em up for the NES. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Even if you don't like this genre, as an NES fan you're obligated to give it a try and see what this revolutionary console could do. I still find it hard to believe.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
4ppleseed
64-bit

Post by 4ppleseed »

I love this game as it pushes the NES to its limits; lots on screen and the NES doesn't blink. It's Very hard & fast and I personally think the music is AWESOME! It's 4 channel looped up sample-based music, that's pretty far out for the NES and something you'd find on the Amiga. Sure it's lacks clarity but makes up for it in pure heartpounding rhythm. There's a way to get to the Sound Test and level select (you'll have to google as I can't remember off the top of my head).