S2 (my segasaturn 2 beta topic)

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

S2 (my segasaturn 2 beta topic)

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Here i will post updates on the progress of our concept to present to sega, if they dont accept it, we will sell it to some company like Yobo that takes those kinds of consoles.

Tommarow will be checkpoint 1.
CONCEPT
art
specs
features
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Very basic symbol, in no way is this complete guys but thats kindof what the graphic designer was thinking of. Its to much like the original if you ask me but whatever.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

conceptual specifications

3.0ghz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ Viiv
60gb HDD @ 7200rpm.
16x DVD drive
nVidea 8600 GT OC 512mb dedicated
2gb RAM DDR2
HDMI output
Lynksis 2.4ghz wireless G
5 USB 2.0 ports
Lynksis based CE operating system

thats so far...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Mozgus wrote:Image

:lol:
philipofmacedon
32-bit

Post by philipofmacedon »

I feel compelled to point out that there are several other highly difficult projects worth undertaking besides this.

I'm not sure what another console really does for us. It's the games that matter. Why not champion your favorite franchise or learn the skills to work on a freeware fan project?

More realistically, why not find an old game you really like and try and convince others to play it with you? I continually lament that my favorite games, like Hexen 2 and the original Age of Empires, no longer have vibrant online communities. But it's not impossible to think that someone could get a server running and drum up support for at least a few matches.
Caboose
24-bit

Post by Caboose »

Sorry to sound like a pessimist, but Sega doesn't have the money to make a new console. It's a risky move and considering their reputation has been battered and bruised, dragged through the mud, and then pissed on, I really doubt that most gamers now a days would care for it. Also, would you really want the Sega of today to be making it? Look at the crap that has been churned out of there since the Dreamcast's demise. The ratio of titles that are worth playing since then is like 1:20. Yuji Naka has gone off to do his own thing and Yu Suzuki is no where to be found. Not to mention the bad reputation that the Saturn has. The developers would also have no reason to support it.

Sorry but as much as I would love for Sega to have a new console, I sure as hell don't want the Sega of today to be making it.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Caboose wrote:Sorry to sound like a pessimist, but Sega doesn't have the money to make a new console. It's a risky move and considering their reputation has been battered and bruised, dragged through the mud, and then pissed on, I really doubt that most gamers now a days would care for it. Also, would you really want the Sega of today to be making it? Look at the crap that has been churned out of there since the Dreamcast's demise. The ratio of titles that are worth playing since then is like 1:20. Yuji Naka has gone off to do his own thing and Yu Suzuki is no where to be found. Not to mention the bad reputation that the Saturn has. The developers would also have no reason to support it.

Sorry but as much as I would love for Sega to have a new console, I sure as hell don't want the Sega of today to be making it.

true, which is why if we cant sell it to SEGA or Yobo, i will sell it as a homebrew player, right now my friend has a saturn emulation beta going on his Linux, which will be the base operating system of the console, we can load as many emu's as we want right now. We would use Windows CE but im sick of M$ making money.

(edit: hes working on upscalling Saturn games right now, he has PDII running at 720 upscaled with emulated anti-aliasing, and it looks pretty damn good...)
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Mozgus, just shut up lol.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

Mozgus, just shut up lol.

Last edited by Mozgus on Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.