NEW RB Server - Forum Upgrade - Some WIP

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: NEW RB Server - Forum Upgrade - Some WIP

Post by Anapan »

Since renovations are up for discussion, I'm gonna gripe about the front page Sonic art again. If permitted, I'll put a $250 USD bounty on it being replaced with something made by a pixel artist. I'll send $ to Nick right away, and ask that a topic be made to discuss how to get that badly error-diffusion color decimated image that has always bothered me off the front page. I hate Floyd–Steinberg dithering. If nobody backs this idea up, I actually made a fixed version in 5 minutes some years ago when I first complained about this. When I get home in a few days I could find and provide that. But wouldn't an artist-made similar image with a bit of personality be so much cooler?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

you probably can just put it into some AI software and tell it to turn it into pixel art
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Are you serious?!

I was gonna sugest Simon
https://twitter.com/snakepixel/status/1 ... 5090639873
But I don't know if he'd take such a small ammount.

I'll be really sad if AI art was used. Might abandon the forum.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Anapan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm Are you serious?!
idk, AI does incredible stuff now days.
Anapan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm I was gonna sugest Simon
https://twitter.com/snakepixel/status/1 ... 5090639873
But I don't know if he'd take such a small ammount.
Pixel art and cartoons are one of my favorite art styles. God has not gifted me with any artistic ability but if I was to attempt it would be in pixel art. Its ironic how it started as a limitation of the hardware and now pixel art is its own genre or art style.

I am sure the many freelancers on fiverr are willing to pick it up for much cheaper than $250
Anapan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm
I'll be really sad if AI art was used. Might abandon the forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marurun

Post by marurun »

RCBH928 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm
Anapan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:10 pm Are you serious?!
idk, AI does incredible stuff now days.
Yeah, it produces inferior output while endangering human artists’ livelihoods even though it was trained off their hard work.

AI asset generation should not be used to replace paid artists.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I don't know if it has been reported, but I don't think email notifications are working at least for private messages. My email domain is gmail.com and I double checked that I have still have email notifications enabled for private messages in the User Control Panel. Notifications may not be working for subscribed threads either but no one has posted a reply the few threads I've subscribed to.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

bmoc wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:34 pm I don't know if it has been reported, but I don't think email notifications are working at least for private messages. My email domain is gmail.com and I double checked that I have still have email notifications enabled for private messages in the User Control Panel. Notifications may not be working for subscribed threads either but no one has posted a reply the few threads I've subscribed to.
Actually, I've had a longtime problem with email notifications. I also have a gmail, but I rarely get them. Despite constantly flagging them as not spam, and adding the addresses, they use to end up in my spam folder 99% of the time. And more recently, I think I just don't get the email at all.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I think the PixelJoint forums are the go-to for pixel art commissions. The prompt "Green Hill Zone in your own style" would be an easy to fill commission. Not that I haven't had plenty of great commissions filled by Fiverr members. A lot of talent in that bunch.

So can we do this?
I'm looking at the commission page on PixellJoint, and it's roughly the going rate for some custom backdrop from the more talented. I just need approval to make a formal request. I could make a topical post here, and ask some artists to post their portfolios in it if they want to fill the request.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The active forum topics section on the front page is currently not working.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:09 am The active forum topics section on the front page is currently not working.
It's working fine for me. Temporary glitch, maybe?