alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by alienjesus »

Only one game for me this month - and one I ordered months ago:

January:
El Viento Mega Drive
Total: 1 game

This one is a official rerelease, not an original cartridge. I've played a bit of it before, and it's a bit janky, but I also think it's a really interesting and entertaining game so I'm glad I could get it at a more affordable price.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

alienjesus wrote:Only one game for me this month - and one I ordered months ago:

January:
El Viento Mega Drive
Total: 1 game

This one is a official rerelease, not an original cartridge. I've played a bit of it before, and it's a bit janky, but I also think it's a really interesting and entertaining game so I'm glad I could get it at a more affordable price.

I had that game on my want list a year or two ago. I never did get around to picking it up and had no idea it had been re-released. Interesting.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

New additions:

ImageImage

I'm also waiting for my shipment to arrive for this:

This box set is the ONLY way to physically own Mega 7-10 on the Switch. The Japanese Rockman Classics Collection 2 for these games (pictured below) was only released as part of this set, and it includes those games on cartridge. No download required. The US counterpart, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, is digital only.

ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

Raging Justice wrote:New additions:

Dex is a really, really great game. It's like a weird Metroidvania-beat-'em-up-RPG-platformer hybrid, but it all works fantastically well. And the story behind its creation is a fascinatingly melancholy one, if you look into it.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I have Dex too. I haven't finished it yet, but it's cool. Definitely quite an underrated gem. It's like a 2D Deus Ex.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nice pick-up, AJ! I'm waiting for my copy to arrive, hopefully it will within the next few weeks.

Reprise, I believe CastleMania and Rondo Products will have copies for sale in early February, once all the pre-orders have shipped.

RJ, Dex looks interesting. I'll have to look up a review for it.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Picked up a few games in January, and all were titles I was interested in for quite a while. Also, a pre-order from June of 2023 showed up!

The Legend of Oasis (SAT) - I finished and enjoyed Beyond Oasis on the Genesis back in 2019, and have been curious about the prequel since then. I like the fact that Ancient stuck with 2D sprites for this one, the game looks gorgeous IMO.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) - I finished Kirby's Adventure in 2022 and Kirby's Dream Land to start 2023, and I'd like to play through more games in the series. Took me a bit of time to find this one, but glad I did. Unfortunately the battery in the cart's dead, but I'll get it replaced soon.

Trip World (GB) - Another Game Boy platformer I was curious about, so when I saw that it was being re-released I jumped on it. The game seems to be quite short, so hopefully I can play through it later this year.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

One extra addition, received today in the post. I wanted this game as a child, but ended up avoiding it because the Official Dreamcast Magazine in the UK absolutely trashed it.

Anyways, I later learned that the publishers/developers were so concerned and hurt by the negative review ODM gave it, that they delayed the European PAL release to deal with some of their criticisms. Plus it actually received some ok and good reviews, so I finally got it.

Reprise wrote:Picked up some new stuff this week. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is particularly in very nice condition. I wanted Star Ocean Second Story r for a while. Gungrave and Killzone were mostly impulse purchases. Actually, they all were... :lol:

January 2024:
Project Overkill (PS1)
Under Defeat (Dreamcast)
Bleach: The Blade of Fate (DS)
Killzone (PS2)
Gungrave (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Red Dog (Dreamcast)

Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Should be receiving this one in the mail today, got it for just 17 bucks off ebay

Also, I received this one from Amazon. They were selling it for 19 bucks

Hard to resist at those prices
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Thanks for the heads up! $19.99 is my trigger point for physical Switch games I kinda want. Persona 5 Tactica definitely falls into that category.