Games Acquired 2024

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Games Acquired 2024

Post by emwearz »

Reprise wrote:The worst though is those sellers who cancel orders when they feel their auction ended too low or they just keep relisting when the reserve isn't met (I once "won" an item three times, but each time didn't actually get the item, because the reserve was never met. I tried talking to the seller and just gave up in the end).

This has happened to me a fair amount. Really frustrating, if they get in do it prior to you paying, you can't even leave feedback which is frustrating.

"Sorry the item was actually misplaced" - *Relists*
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Markies wrote:I added The Punisher for the Sega Genesis this afternoon.

The Punisher has probably been my most wanted Genesis game for several years. Unfortunately, when the Pandemic hit the Retro Gaming Market, the price shot through the roof and I thought it would be gone forever. However, thankfully, prices have slowly begun to dwindle down and so did the price of the Punisher. While looking for the next Genesis game to buy, I checked eBay and was able to find a reasonably priced one. Happy to finally have it my collection, I decided to spend the extra money and own one of the games that I have been looking for several years now.

Nice pick-up, Markies! I was able to score a copy a few years ago, but it's missing the manual. Guessing the chances of coming across one at a reasonable price are slim, but maybe one day!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

While we're ranting about ebay sellers, I always laugh when they say, "Will be packaged carefully in a bubble mailer". A bubble mailer literally means NOT packaged carefully. Packaged carefully = shipping the damn thing in a box, especially when you have people delivering your mail who just shove multiple items into the mail box. Often times, having things shipped in a box actually forces them to ring your door bell and hand it to you. Slightly more work for them, but more beneficial for me. That's the way a lot of physical game focused online shops do it to, they ship their games in boxes, sometimes with their company branding on them. I don't think I have EVER had something damaged in a box. With bubble mailers or those big, yellow, envelopes people use, it's always 50/50 whether or not I'll get something in good condition.

Also, 70% of ebay sellers are too lazy to take photos of the item they are selling, and when they do they half ass it. Like with Switch games they rarely ever take photos of the spine for some reason, and almost never take a photo of the back of a cartridge either. Seeing the back of the cart is especially useful if you're looking for a certain cartridge revision. I find that more and more I'm finding myself sending polite message to ebay sellers basically telling them how to do their job.

"Can you take another photo?"

"Can you please ship it in a box?"

On a more positive note, I do find a lot of them are receptive and willing to accommodate me. So I'll end this rant on that positive note. Communication goes a long way and more often than not leads to me and the seller getting what we want and getting positive feedback.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

emwearz wrote:Robocop 3 (SNES) -$11.89AUD / $7.74USD via eBay
While not an amazing game, I was utterly obsessed with Robocop as a kid (well done with the R rated film for a kid mum) and always wanted this, I have played it in the years after, but happy to own it.

I picked it up for the price because it had 'label damage', easy fix.

Always good to see some SNES love in the thread. I haven't played this Robocop game, I think the only game based on this franchise I've tried is the Robocop vs. Terminator game on the Genesis. Great job cleaning up the label. Did you use a specific product to get the sticker off without damaging the label?

Also, I find it funny that I had Robocop and Terminator toys as a kid growing up. I had seen some type of edited version of Robocop on TV, but I never saw Terminator back then and was still gifted action figures and the T2 The Arcade Game on SNES. Lol.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Yeah, my parents kind of let me watch whatever I wanted, ratings be damned. I also had an older brother (5 years) so I was always watching stuff I shouldn't.

I cleaned most of it off using a new white label and 'sticking' it over the old sticker and pulling it off. There was a tiny bit of gunk left, tried a q-tip and rubbing alcohol and that didn't work so I used a tiny amount of "The Pink Stuff" which is an abrasive scrub, on the tip of my finger and worked the last of the gunk off.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I don't know why when I first saw that Robocop cartridge I thought those were rips and tears on the label. i was like, "How did he fix that?" :lol:
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Raging Justice wrote:I don't know why when I first saw that Robocop cartridge I thought those were rips and tears on the label. i was like, "How did he fix that?" :lol:

I assume that is what the seller thought since it was described as label damage. It is what I thought too if I am honest.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Was looking for a copy of Darksiders: Warmastered Edition for the Switch with the black spine misprint, and saw that someone has this listed on ebay as "Like New" condition

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what's even more crazy? When I see something like a cartridge only listing for a game, and they are selling it at the exact same price as all the CIB listings. I see that CONSTANTLY on ebay. Even better is when I see someone sell a copy of a highly sought after game in horrible condition for the same price as every other listing for the game.

Some of these people are delusional. It's like some people think their "junk" is high value :roll:
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

A bit further down in that listing it mentions "slight creasing"

Seriously?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I thought the same. I thought you had fixed it with pen or paint or something, I was so confused :lol:

Raging Justice wrote:While we're ranting about ebay sellers, I always laugh when they say, "Will be packaged carefully in a bubble mailer". A bubble mailer literally means NOT packaged carefully.

Try living in Europe with our old PAL cases. You ever tried finding any of these without their hinges and disc holders completely broken? :lol:

This is my pile of smashed, cracked and broken cases I have had to replace. And that's just the the overspill that don't fit with the rest of them.

So yeah... I absolutely detest sellers who ship games, particularly old, fragile or rare ones in those bubble mailers.

I won a "near mint" Dreamcast game in an auction that was sent in one last year and it arrived in about five seperate pieces. It was completely smashed. And the seller wasn't particularly apologetic, claiming there was nothing wrong with how they packaged it and how they always send games like that without any problems. I returned it for a refund.

I usually message sellers now to check how they ship particular games out.

Raging Justice wrote:Also, 70% of ebay sellers are too lazy to take photos of the item they are selling, and when they do they half ass it.

I also dislike that. That and lazy descriptions. The worst is "please see photo(s) for the condition you will receive the item in", which tells you nothing. Photos only give you a general idea and show what they want to show. As you point out, unless they photograph every single side, every corner, every detail, every flaw or issue, then no, I can not rely on just consulting your photo or photos.

Raging Justice wrote:Yeah, most of the "holy grail" games that collector's want are not legitimately rare. For me rareness comes down to how likely you are to even SEE a copy of something.

A lot of people seem to conflate 'sought after', 'in high demand' or 'uncommon' with 'rare'.

But then condition also comes into the mix. Some people laugh at collectors paying hundreds for fairly common SNES, N64 or Gameboy games, but if they're buying a "near mint" copy of the game, then technically it is rare, because finding any Nintendo cardboard game in nice condition is much harder nowadays. Personally I am glad I am not one of those really anal collectors who will only buy games if they are practically immaculate. Who has the time, patience or money for that? :lol: Most of my N64 and SNES games are cartridge only, because I like to collect to play and I have too many systems to start taking Nintendo cardboard era collecting seriously.

emwearz wrote:"Sorry the item was actually misplaced" - *Relists*

Haha I actually had that last year and the seller told me if they manage to get another copy, they will let me know. I didn't think much about it, but then two weeks later, by sheer coincidence, they messaged me to say they managed to get another copy in! But this one is "in even better condition", so they have listed it BIN for double the price I won the last one for... But don't worry, because they say if I send them an offer of [insert amount here], then they will accept. The offer they wanted me to send was about 20% more than I had previously paid... Hmm, I wasn't convinced that it wasn't just the same copy as before :lol: :roll:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328