Dottie Flowers - New SNES Platformer

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
Note
Next-Gen

Dottie Flowers - New SNES Platformer

Post by Note »

Just wanted to share some info about a new SNES homebrew platformer, Dottie Flowers by the indie developer Goldelocke. They have released one other platformer and a cooking game, also both on the SNES, but this is the first game I've tried from them. The demo includes a few playable levels, which includes two boss fights as well.

The graphics are pretty impressive and look like a late release on the console and I found the controls to be very tight and responsive. I really enjoyed what I played of the demo and I hope this game ends up receiving a more accessible physical release!

The demo and some more info on the game can be found here: https://goldlocke.itch.io/dottie-flowers

Check it out!

Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Dottie Flowers - New SNES Platformer

Post by Anapan »

Incredible graphics! I'm looking forward to to trying it. Thanks for posting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

Got the demo downloaded. I'll have to try it out on my SFC when I have a chance. Looks pretty neat. Thanks for the heads up.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Hope you liked the demo, Anapan and Opa.

There's a screen at the end of the demo with details on how to win a physical copy. It mentioned sending a postcard to an address in Germany by January 31st, so I sent one off last week.

Would be cool to play the full game on a console. Fingers crossed!
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I played it too and sent off a postcard. Towards the end the demo was really starting to piss me off which is always the sign of a good game.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Lol, which section pissed you off? I don't recall getting frustrated while playing the demo, but definitely happens to me in other platformers.

There were a few sections in DKC and DKC2 that made me have to step away and take a break. Lol.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Post by RobertAugustdeMeijer »

Thanks for sharing, makes me giddy!
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Note wrote:Lol, which section pissed you off? I don't recall getting frustrated while playing the demo, but definitely happens to me in other platformers.

There were a few sections in DKC and DKC2 that made me have to step away and take a break. Lol.

I think it was just the boss at the end of the train level. It wasn't too tough but it definitely took me a few tries. I think part of my impatience came from knowing I was pretty close to the end of the demo and I just wanted to see the secret message, dammit!

Agreed on the DKC games. If you're not swearing and needing to take the occasional break to cool off, you're not having fun!
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I never found the DKC games on the SNES to be frustrating. The ones from Retro Studios on the other hand,,,

Rare > Retro Studios
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

The developer of Dottie Flowers recently did a brief interview with Time Extension. Thought it was a good read, so wanted to share it, incase anyone else is interested!

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024 ... y-for-free

Hope a few of us end up getting copies of the game!