Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters

Level up here
chupon
Next-Gen

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters

Post by chupon »

If anyone has any thoughts on the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters post them here. I’m interested to read your thoughts and experiences.

Personally I feel very conflicted. I love and have much nostalgia for the original pixel art, names, and snes music.

Should I give these a try? Or should I leave my fond memories alone?
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I've seen a friend play a good bit of the FF1 Pixel Remaster, and it was WILD. Like, the pixel art *is* very nice, that's true, but the dissonance between the graphics and the quality of the music is absolutely hilarious. It was never not noticeable and very funny, and I'm honestly not sure if that's what they were going for? It can be very hard to tell with Squenix sometimes just how sincere they're being with things <w>

As far as ways to play the games, they seem quite good for it, but it's definitely a different overall experience than just playing the originals with the hodgepodge of how the new assets fit together.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

My friend has played through all (?) of Final Fantasy - most of the originals many times, and he says he enjoyed most of the pixel remasters. I watched him play through a portion of FFII and I thought it looked great.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Does the pixel remaster of IV contain The After Years expansion? Likewise, does anyone know of the pixel remaster of II contains the bonus dungeon from the GBA release?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Nope; all the pixel remasters are based on the original versions.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

MrPopo wrote:Nope; all the pixel remasters are based on the original versions.

That’s too bad…the bonus dungeon in FFII is a lot of fun. It also means the PSP version of FFIV will remain the definitive release.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

curious if they'll make a physical cart of these if (?) the switch release rumors are true.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Having played the originals and most all ports and remakes (including WonderSwan) I can't rationalize going through these again. They look cool though and would be a solid way to discover the series for newbs.

(Didn't realize you could literally buy Final Fantasy 1 through 15 on Steam; that's wild)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I kind of wish someone would re-translate FF IV but keep the mechanical simplifications and adjustments that were implemented in FFII on SNES. I really liked that slightly simpler, more manageable take on the Final Fantasy model, with fewer status effects and less item juggling to fix them. That's one reason I think I loved FF IV so much and bounced harder off later FF games. Status roulette is not fun for me.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

opa wrote:curious if they'll make a physical cart of these if (?) the switch release rumors are true.

I would definitely buy that, despite the fact I’ve already played through all of these.