24%
Mizuguchi's Puzzles & Music
15%

Total votes: 68

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: February's Together Retro Themes: Poll Closed - FF Spin-

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.

Curiously I don't think there are any moogle specific games. This is made even more curious due to the fact that at least in this gamer's mind they are much more compelling than Chocobos as playable characters. Chocobo Dungeon? No thank you. Moogle Dungeon? I'm in.

They are represented as playable races in the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games, but as far as games devoted specifically to them, I don't think there are any.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

nullPointer wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Are there any moogle specific games? Curious as to why the chocobo gets all the love and not the moogle.

Curiously I don't think there are any moogle specific games. This is made even more curious due to the fact that at least in this gamer's mind they are much more compelling than Chocobos as playable characters. Chocobo Dungeon? No thank you. Moogle Dungeon? I'm in.

They are represented as playable races in the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance games, but as far as games devoted specifically to them, I don't think there are any.

This is why I asked. At what point did the chocobo become the face of final fantasy? The moogle used to be in all the advertisements in the days of old. We need more moogles!!!!! I want to put on my moogle oggling goggles!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

My favourite moogle is the one that swears at you in Final Fantasy IX.

nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

alienjesus wrote:My favourite moogle is the one that swears at you in Final Fantasy IX.

Haha, no doubt. This actually makes a lot of sense though. Every time a Moogle says 'kupo' at the end of a sentence I basically hear and intone it in my mind as someone saying 'cabrón'.
What foul mouthed little buggers. They would be such great fun to play as. :mrgreen:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Exhuminator wrote:Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.

I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:Chocobos and Moogles are cool, but I wouldn't have minded a Tonberry's Mysterious Dungeon.

I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.

It's actually a prison simulator where you must sneak through and shank everyone with a kitchen knife before they shank you.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:I assume that's a roguelike where every enemy is a Tonberry. Better be very careful about the moves you make.

Wasn't really the idea I had, but I like your idea better.

Ack wrote:It's actually a prison simulator where you must sneak through and shank everyone with a kitchen knife before they shank you.

That scenario would describe the first stage of Manhunt 2.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

SE could actually make a pretty compelling game from the perspective of Tonberries if they were using the MMOs as source material. In both of them, they're basically the distorted version of an ancient civilization. In XI, they're fairly closely tied to certain parts of the core/original plotline, and would work for a prequel of sorts (if going back thousands of years instead of a couple decades as WoTG does).