Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by Michi »

I've only ever seen the one Chancy in the wild (and he ran away :cry: ) The one I have was an egg hatch (and a lousy one at that.)

I've never encountered a Porygon in the wild. Not even when they were having that "pink" event. The only reason I even have it is that the game was being nice with 10k eggs recently.

As for Snorlax... I actually caught another one on Friday (the game tells me that's number 7). I've been pretty fortunate with those. Tauros too (Caught: 34 :lol: ).

If Niantic ever gets off their butts and decides to implement trading, I've got a couple extras in my inventory that I've been saving for you guys. I don't guarantee they'll be any good, but at least you'll finally have them.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:I've only ever seen the one Chancy in the wild (and he ran away :cry: ) The one I have was an egg hatch (and a lousy one at that.)

I've never encountered a Porygon in the wild. Not even when they were having that "pink" event. The only reason I even have it is that the game was being nice with 10k eggs recently.

As for Snorlax... I actually caught another one on Friday (the game tells me that's number 7). I've been pretty fortunate with those. Tauros too (Caught: 34 :lol: ).

If Niantic ever gets off their butts and decides to implement trading, I've got a couple extras in my inventory that I've been saving for you guys. I don't guarantee they'll be any good, but at least you'll finally have them.

I caught a few Porygons in the wild, and they were everywhere here during the pink event - the single most common one. Didn't spot any Chansey though, despite hunting the whole week.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Been a while since anyone updated here! Has Exedexes gone AWOL? He hasn't posted on the forums in a while!

Anyhow, I've been on a roll in Pokémon Go lately. In the last few weeks, I've added the following new pokemon to my collection:

Alakazam (from buddy candies)
Houndoom (from buddy candies)
Jumpluff (caught 3 in the wild!)
Donphan (hatched 3 phanpy and had enough candies)
Ash-hat Raichu (got enough candies from catching the Pikachus)
Articuno (from a raid)
Smoochum (hatched from an egg)
Forretress (hatched a Pineco and it gave me 40 candies towards this!)
Stantler (caught in the wild)
Dragonite (hatched a Dratini and had enough candies at last)
Mareep (caught in the wild)
Snorlax (caught in the wild)
Ash-hat Pichu (hatched from an egg)
Lugia (from a raid)
Miltank (caught in the wild just today)
Ampharos(!) (caught in the wild today also!)

That's a lot of progress all of a sudden. I also found a local reddit group that does raids, so I've managed to get people to help me with Articuno and Lugia. I fought 4 Articunos and 2 Lugias so far, but only caught one of each.

I'm at 222 Pokémon caught now. Ignoring the unreleased legendaries, delibird and smeargle, and the 5 region exclusives I don't have access to that leaves me with only these 13 Pokémon left to catch:

Chansey
Meganium (half way to this)
Feraligatr (this too)
Igglybuff
Togepi
Togetic
Flaaffy
Politoed (just need a King's Rock!)
Sunflora (2/3rds to this already)
Unown
Hitmontop
Blissey
Tyranitar
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

^ All right, alienjesus!

I didn't do too shabbily myself, thanks to all the extended bonuses they were giving out due to how crappy the festival went :lol: Saw a couple Articuo raids, but alas, there was no one around to help me fight them. The downfall to living in a rural area, I suppose :( Never did see a Lugia anywhere.

Used a Lucky Egg and did a mass evolve to bump me up to Level 32 while the double experience was going on. Here are my new Pokemon from the last couple weeks:

Quivala (Raid. And he's a good one too. Bout time.)
Togetic
Bellossom
Politoed
Jumpluff (with Solarbeam!)
Slowking
Piloswine
Donphan
Hitmontop
Tyranitar
Ash hat Pikachu
Ash hat Raichu

The game also gave me two more Porygons and a Mareep through eggs while the double candies was still active. So I have enough candies for their next evolutions, but I need the necessary item for Porygon (and Scyther) and I'm waiting until I have the full 125 candies so I can fully evolve Mareep.

I still don't have an Espeon or Umbreon, either. I've got more than enough candies for them, but I'm trying to wait to find some Eevee's with some decent stats before I force evolve them. Crappy stats is also the reason I haven't evolved poor Houndour or Chancy yet, too.

Currently sitting at 220 Caught to 233 Seen.

All in all, not too shabby.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Michi wrote:Here are my new Pokemon from the last couple weeks:

Quivala
Togetic
Bellossom
Politoed
Jumpluff (with Solarbeam!)
Slowking
Piloswine
Donphan
Hitmontop
Tyranitar
Ash hat Pikachu
Ash hat Raichu

Damn, a full third of what you evolved makes up the pokémon I still need!

Moltres is out today, so I guess I'll check the reddit board I found for any raid parties going out to get it later this week.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

How's about an update?

I hope you all had a legendary summer! I did! Despite all that was going on in my personal life, I owe a lot to this game for helping me to cope with it all. I don't mind all the money I spent on passes, because I've enjoyed every minute of it!

Some raid stats:

Articuno raids: 8 for 26 (30%) best 96%
Lugia raids: 10 for 21 (47%) best 96%
Moltres raids: 11 for 33 (33%) best 91%
Zapdos raids: 9 for 27 (33%) best 89%

Last Monday not only did I get a 100% Tyranitar from a raid, but also a 100% Raikou!!!!!
I did 57 raids and caught 24 Raikou (42%)

As for Entei, 7 for 14! (50%)

Our raid scene is still very active. EX passes were given out to those who went to the Gulfview Square Mall south of here (they had a Sprint store) and a few of my local raiders got their Mewtwo! Now bring them up here Niantic!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I did all the bird raids and caught Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, but I've basically given up on the game at this point when I realised I just wasn't having fun anymore.

Scheduling catching these legendaries just ate up time I'd rather use playing the 3DS pokemon games, and the number of remaining pokemon I have to obtain means just finding pokemon whilst walking around isn't fun - most of the pokemon I have left are stupendously rare or only available by randomly and tediously hatching eggs.

At the time I gave up, the remaining mons I needed were:

Region locked:
Farfetch'd
Tauros
Heracross
Corsola

Legendaries:
Mewtwo
Raikou
Suicune
Entei

Not available:
Mew
Ho-oh
Celebi
Delibird
Smeargle

Remaining:
Chansey
Meganium
Feraligatr
Igglybuff
Togepi
Togetic
Hitmontop
Blissey
Tyranitar

So that's 4 legends, 5 unavailable pokemon, 4 region locked and 9 pokemon obtainable via usual means - most of which are stupendously hard to find.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I still poke away at it, but like the post above what I have remaining is a mix of obscenely hard to find stuff as a starter that makes it worse trying to upgrade ultimately relying on 3-5km walks for 1 candy which is garbage. I've still got some others found readily in eggs or the area like Porygon that has never come up at all. I've probably got a 90% catch rate or above excluding (for me) impossible to bag legendaries which are more just for bragging since they can't be used in some fights anyway.

I mostly just open it up, do a few things and quit as the fun got sucked out of it by their bad design problems with allowing stuff to come out outside of regional locked creatures. It's more of a habit I need to break than anything. In the last few days I did finally get Electode as a nest opened up in the area of voltorb so I got enough to boost the only one I ever saw/caught over a year ago that was luckily amazing. I want to keep using and liking the game but Niantic is making it very hard at this point.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Well, it's finally happened. After two years finally has trading and friends. But of course, they're using friend codes, so I'm going to post my code here in case anyone else wants to share.

5876 2102 2278
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Michi wrote:Well, it's finally happened. After two years finally has trading and friends. But of course, they're using friend codes, so I'm going to post my code here in case anyone else wants to share.

5876 2102 2278

I'll add you shortly. I'm not posting my code because I'm in a rural area and I'm trying to keep my friends list manageable. PokeStops are limited and therefore so are gifts. My trainer name is OwletteSparkle (I let my daughter customize the avatar).