Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your CPS2 Collecting + Price Guide

Post by ninjainspandex »

I wish someone would just make an atomiswave multicart, seems like the boots are pretty common, how hard would it be to put them all on one cart. I just don't want a Naomi, they are too bulky and just a cluster of wires.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

ninjainspandex wrote:I wish someone would just make an atomiswave multicart, seems like the boots are pretty common, how hard would it be to put them all on one cart. I just don't want a Naomi, they are too bulky and just a cluster of wires.

They are...but they aren't. If you mount it to a piece of plywood and just leave it setup permanently; it's no bigger than a CPS2 cart. I play mine instantly - plug on the harness and go - super slick.

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

watch this be Christophs next project :lol:

Very cool though, are you not concerned about heat dissipation in that enclosure?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

ninjainspandex wrote:watch this be Christophs next project :lol:

Very cool though, are you not concerned about heat dissipation in that enclosure?

I have the lid off when playing, but even if it weren't, it's still more fresh air circulation with the opening by the JAMMA edge than there would be inside a cab; and those run 18+ hours a day...the NAOMI cooling fan is powerful.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

I need to take a pic of mine, but I did a dual layer style box with the Capcom I/O mounted underneath the Naomi to make the footprint even smaller. Its only the size of the Naomi and all the wires are tucked in the bottom layer with the I/O.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

bryan_65 wrote:I need to take a pic of mine, but I did a dual layer style box with the Capcom I/O mounted underneath the Naomi to make the footprint even smaller. Its only the size of the Naomi and all the wires are tucked in the bottom layer with the I/O.

I'd definitely like to see a few pics of this, Bryan.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

mjmjr25 wrote:So, do you want NAOMI and Atomiswave...and this would just make it easier than having to invest in both?

I've really widdled my atomis library down. I'm at 5 games right...should probably be at 7 as there are 7 good games, but I sold RF2 and SSVI as they just don't feel like $200 games to me, or at least i'm not playing them near enough to warrant that investment into them.

I have only really enjoyed two Atomiswave games (MS6 and Bluedolphin), so Atomis2Naomi means I could run those two on hardware that natively has more games I enjoy.

What seven do you have mjmjr25?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Dirty Pigskin Football - my favorite atomiswave game. Plays like NFL Blitz - very well done 1 on 1 arcade style football.

Knights of Valour Seven Spirits - brilliant spritework, smooth controls, high difficulty beat 'em up with branching paths. As much as I love PGM, this is better than all of the PGM1 KoV games and rivals the PGM2 KoV games.

Dolphin Blue and Metal Slug 6 which you've noted.

Demolish Fist - my second favorite AW game. This is a love / hate game. Some hate it - which is baffling to me. Bar none the best sound affects in any arcade beat 'em up i've played. EXTREMELY unique enemies and bosses.

These are the 5 I kept. I sorta regret selling Rumble Fish 2 and Samurai Spirits VI - as they are excellent. Hokuto no Ken gets a lot of praise as well - but that one never grabbed me.

Guilty Gear Isuka, KoF Neo Wave, and Neo Geo Battle Colosseum are not good. Slow, clunky, and just didn't work on the hardware. KoF XI, Guilty Gear X 1.5 are both good, but not great (imo).
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I would have never played Dirty Pigskin Football and now I want it. You are a horrible influence on me...
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

mjmjr25 wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:I wish someone would just make an atomiswave multicart, seems like the boots are pretty common, how hard would it be to put them all on one cart. I just don't want a Naomi, they are too bulky and just a cluster of wires.

They are...but they aren't. If you mount it to a piece of plywood and just leave it setup permanently; it's no bigger than a CPS2 cart. I play mine instantly - plug on the harness and go - super slick.

Ah-HAH! These were the pictures I was remembering and asking you about a month or two ago where you built wooden boxes for your stuff.

I gotta do this. I think even with my ten thumbs I could pull off something this simple, and it just makes things so slick.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread