What happened to Tux's Dreamcast downloads? :(

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
emurozii
16-bit

What happened to Tux's Dreamcast downloads? :(

Post by emurozii »

I used to always download Dreamcast games, from Tux's awesome versions of them. In fact, because of their 60hz support, for almost every game I own I would play his versions over them, the original copies!

However, I came on here to check how the SegaGaga translation is going, as well as if Tux has done much new. To my dismay, neither have been going well - no one but the translators themselves even know if the translation's still going, and I can't find Tux's downloads anywhere! I use to always get his downloads off of snesorama, but the page is no longer accessible. Is there anywhere else to download them from? Or is there any other reliable, well done versions of Dreamcast games to download (I'm especially after Dino Crisis, after buying it and finding it's 50hz only).

If he has gone and stopped doing them, then that's very sad to hear personally. The same goes for the translation :(
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: What happened to Tux's Dreamcast downloads? :(

Post by D.D.D. »

If you're talking about his page/uploads on SNESORAMA, you did hear about Megaupload, right?
(Edit - there were a bunch I wanted to get but never got around to it either.)
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Gamba Cyborg

Post by Gamba Cyborg »

emurozii, TuxTheWise's Dreamcast releases can be find via torrent now.

Have a look here:
http://segahub.org/index.php?topic=6209.0
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
emurozii
16-bit

Post by emurozii »

Wow, thanks a million Gamba! :)

It's amazing as to how many Tux did, really! But there is one part that caught my eye: "As time passed, DCRES quality criteria has increased, so older releases may have failed on it. The ones marked with [OK] are the ones that have been reviewed and passed it. The lack of [OK] doesn't mean a release is bad though!"

While it says that doesn't mean the releases are bad, that makes me think maybe I shouldn't download them. I've no idea where else to download them from though, at least when it comes to reliable releases.

EDIT: I've started downloading the torrent anyway, of course. Just a shame the torrent sites don't let you download what files you want separately, as I initially thought they did.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

emurozii wrote:EDIT: I've started downloading the torrent anyway, of course. Just a shame the torrent sites don't let you download what files you want separately, as I initially thought they did.

Unless the torrent is a single file, you can just select part of a multi-file torrent. Just choose what you want and specify don't download for the others.
Gamba Cyborg

Post by Gamba Cyborg »

Not at all, emurozii. And gtmtnbiker is right, most torrent clients let you select which files you want to download.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

Do a Google search for "ReviveDC".
emurozii
16-bit

Post by emurozii »

I'm downloading off that kat.ph site and, unfortunately, it doesn't let me download the files separately... Or maybe I'm an idiot and couldn't figure out how lol

The other two sites weren't available. One needed you to register and an invitation... no thanks. And the other doesn't have anyone seeding.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

Which torrent client are you using?

First you download the torrent file and open it in your torrent client. Before you start downloading it, go through the files tab and highlight the ones you don't want to download and specify them as don't download.

You can also google search for "how to choose which files to download in torrent". You'll get some hits such as this:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=82422

Each client is different but they all should have some way of letting you choose which files to download.