Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announc

Post by jay_red »

I like what they have here, and if we can load roms onto it "an expandable game card slot," I am sold. I honestly dont think $200 is too bad if the build quality is good. I still cant believe this is real since when the original pics came out it looked so photoshopped.

Edit: to the people saying that there are better options for Neo-Geo, I actually think this is a good option, hear me out.

This will give you the closest feel on an AES in your home for the lowest price, the cost of just an AES console is more than the $200 you would spend, plus the crazy high cost of games. If you wanted to go with SNK compilations on other consoles thats fine, and you could even get one of the AES style joysticks that they put out for the ps2, ps3, and Wii, except that those joysticks are about $150 the last time I checked and rather rare. Plus with this you get the sweet handheld, I would be interested in this if it were just the AES station that would play games honestly.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I'm with jay-red.

Sure you can't beat original, I'd never argue that, but I think its worthy. Enough so to have caught my eye certainly.

And again, like jay said, the handheld itself is cool.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

That bullshit cartridge slot ruined it for me.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

SamuraiMegas wrote:That bullshit cartridge slot ruined it for me.

We don't even know how it's going to work...
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

jay_red wrote:I like what they have here, and if we can load roms onto it "an expandable game card slot," I am sold. I honestly dont think $200 is too bad if the build quality is good. I still cant believe this is real since when the original pics came out it looked so photoshopped.

Edit: to the people saying that there are better options for Neo-Geo, I actually think this is a good option, hear me out.

This will give you the closest feel on an AES in your home for the lowest price, the cost of just an AES console is more than the $200 you would spend, plus the crazy high cost of games. If you wanted to go with SNK compilations on other consoles thats fine, and you could even get one of the AES style joysticks that they put out for the ps2, ps3, and Wii, except that those joysticks are about $150 the last time I checked and rather rare. Plus with this you get the sweet handheld, I would be interested in this if it were just the AES station that would play games honestly.

This. If I can load my own ROMs then it might be worth the one time cost. I'd really have to see for myself how the thing works though. Right now all I know about it is that it looks pretty.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

jeez, front page of Yahoo: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 55294.html

Don't get me wrong, I love SNK. But I'm seriously weirded out that so many people are excited to spend $200 on a system that is going to just play games that have (mostly) been re-released many times already.
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

Post by Crabmaster2000 »

noiseredux wrote:jeez, front page of Yahoo: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 55294.html

Don't get me wrong, I love SNK. But I'm seriously weirded out that so many people are excited to spend $200 on a system that is going to just play games that have (mostly) been re-released many times already.

It cant be that weird. Us gamers and/or collectors have spent much more on much less many times over. I see this a a love letter to a niche crowd, and wether your an SNK fan or just a general collector I think its very exciting to see products like these. I'm about as excited to pick it up as I am to get a Wii U and I already own a CIB NTSC-U AES Gold system.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

I'm surprised by all the negative talk about the price... the NEO GEO system has always been insanely expensive! It doesn't matter if it were the AES or MVS... both of those models and its games were expensive and often difficult to acquire outside of the net.

I'm also surprised that people are forgetting that this is a HANDHELD! Sure, there are other options out there, like using a hacked PSP (which I have) and one of those Dingoo's.. or whatever the fuck they call those things... lol

But seriously, this is a licensed Neo Geo Handheld that has the option to be plugged in to a AES-styled docking base and be played on a tv with HD output using an official-looking joystick!? Color me impressed. $200 seems like a fair price to me :)

The expandable card slot really is the icing on the cake though. Just as long as the emulation is good, I look forward to playing a bunch Neo Geo games on my tv with a Neo Geo arcade stick!
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Again the system can't play ACTUAL carts so, the bullshit cartridge slot ruined it for me.
And I could just go on the underground gamer invite thread, get a invite and get a emulator and games for free.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Again the system can't play ACTUAL carts so, the bullshit cartridge slot ruined it for me.
And I could just go on the underground gamer invite thread, get a invite and get a emulator and games for free.

I think you missed the entire point.