Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Post by bryan_65 »

First, I know there are a few threads on this back when it was just a handheld but I felt it needed a new thread since it now can be considered a home system too.

710.jpg
710.jpg (38.45 KiB) Viewed 7635 times

There is more info on this now and I didn't know if any of you guys know yet.

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/image ... neogeo.htm

It appears to have a AES styled docking station that charges and displays to your TV and has a hook up for an AES styled Joysticks. I think this could be a cool way to play an Official Neo Geo in my living room with out have to mess with any real AES stuff. I know it will just be an EMU more than likely, I still think is kinda cool.
Last edited by bryan_65 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Opa Opa

Re: Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announc

Post by Opa Opa »

The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is set for a worldwide release on December 6, 2012 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 (USD).

$200? Pass.

I'd rather put $200 towards an AES or MVS.

It does look pretty neat though.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

If it is $200 with the base and a controller I am in. But if it is $200 for the console, controllers and base extra, I will hold off.

This is a very neat development.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Yea $200 is way too high. If I could get it second hand in a few years it would be cool. I am really interested in the build quality and emulation or what it may be. I really look for it to be discounted shortly after release (I hope).

Any way I still think it looks bad ass.
sbk
64-bit

Post by sbk »

I will be watching to see what happens. I am on the fence for this one.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

This is definitely cool, but $200 is more than I could justify, until I get more information and reviews.
marurun

Post by marurun »

-1 points to almost everyone in this thread for reading comprehension fail.

From the link in question:

"The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is set for a worldwide release on December 6, 2012 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 (USD).

The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system comes complete with the NEOGEO X Station, the NEOGEO X Handheld with 20 pre-loaded NEOGEO classic titles, and the NEOGEO X Joystick."

So yes, it is $200 for everything.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it looks really nice for sure, but $200 for a NG emulator seems insane to me. Especially since many of these games have been ported to compilations on various systems, and many of them have received the HD treatment (with online no less!) via PSN and XBLA. I mean it's a great extra feature that this thing does TV-out and has a genuine arcade stick, but if they had just released a NG arcade stick for PS3 and 360 I'd think that was just as cool.
marurun

Post by marurun »

This entirely depends. I do not happen to know if this is emulation or a single chip Neo Geo clone. If it is a single chip, non-emulated solution then it is definitely worth the cost (assuming it is quality and accurate). And the base does have HDMI out, so even if it isn't HD, at least it is compatible and connect-able.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Just don´t expect any more game packs beside these 20 games. They get you into thinking/fantasizing about other game packs with Garou, but those will never surface. Perhaps the unit can be hacked into playing nay neo rom. Then 200 is a pretty sweet deal if the unit upscales to some good resolution without blurry filters and if the joystick is good. Wait.... I think that is too mucg to ask for the 200 price tag! great news.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389