What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Limewater
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Limewater »

Note wrote:I've been able to play a few hours a night max, so it's taken me some time to get through the game, but I just reached Chapter 5.

Quotes like this make me feel a lot better about only completing a few games a year.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I unexpectedly got hooked into Citizen Sleeper over the weekend. I initially started it only complete a weekly MS weekly, but actually ended up getting drawn into it. I've never been into tabletop or PC style RPG mechanics, but the story and characters really got me into it. There's no actual combat in game, but using the dice rolls you're given each cycle to complete drives plus managing your energy and condition. I think I'm a little past the halfway mark of the game, but it's short enough that I'll probably give this another run and make some different choices.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Limewater wrote:Quotes like this make me feel a lot better about only completing a few games a year.

Yeah, gotta work within the confines of schedules and other obligations! I was hoping to finish more games this year than last, but so far, I think I'm on a slower pace. After I finish Shining Force III, I'll probably try to get through some shorter games.

Syndicate wrote:...I unexpectedly got hooked into Citizen Sleeper over the weekend. I initially started it only complete a weekly MS weekly, but actually ended up getting drawn into it. I've never been into tabletop or PC style RPG mechanics, but the story and characters really got me into it. There's no actual combat in game, but using the dice rolls you're given each cycle to complete drives plus managing your energy and condition. I think I'm a little past the halfway mark of the game, but it's short enough that I'll probably give this another run and make some different choices.

Hadn't heard of this game, but it looks pretty interesting! Might have to check this one out later on.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Note wrote:
Limewater wrote:Quotes like this make me feel a lot better about only completing a few games a year.

Yeah, gotta work within the confines of schedules and other obligations! I was hoping to finish more games this year than last, but so far, I think I'm on a slower pace. After I finish Shining Force III, I'll probably try to get through some shorter games.

Heh.

Prior to this year, I had given up playing Zelda games for the last decade because I didn't think I could reliably get a solid hour at a time to play a game. This happened after I tried to start Majora's Mask and had to stop before I even found the first save point.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I played the new AEW video game for a little while and lost interest. I love pro wrestling, but rarely enjoy wrestling video games. I always have the same complaint with every single one that I play. I just don't feel like I have enough control over what's happening. I'm not a big fighting game fan these days, but I feel like those games give you more control. A good street fighter game has polished gameplay where you understand everything that's happening and you feel in control. Wrestling video games always feel sloppy and random as fuck. I'd rather play a Street Fighter game where I can actually get my character to do what I want (and where your character doesn't randomly lie motionless on the mat ignoring your inputs) and where counters and blocks don't feel so completely random.

Wrestling does not translate well to video games. I am a firm believer of that.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Still playing Tears of the Kingdom. Finally got the 4th sage. Her power is pretty cool, but she keeps running away and I have to chase her down to be able to use it, unlike the other sages who like to camp out on top of me so I'm constantly accidentally triggering their powers.

I've already found some rather ridiculous weapon combinations, and the puffshroom is now my favorite item in the game. Ridiculously enough, I'm running out of fans, of all Zonai devices. Just about every dispenser gives them to you so no idea why that's happening (I may be wasteful, so that's a lie).

My wife has already raised her eyebrows at me a few times during extended armor enhancement sessions with a Great Fairy.

By the time I finally encountered moldugas they were a piece of cake.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
opa
Next-Gen

Post by opa »

I've finally sat down to start Forbidden Siren 2. The first Siren game is probably my favorite horror game ever so I was disappointed back in the day when we didn't get the sequel. Curiously, Siren 2 managed to get a European localization so at least there's a version of the game in English.

Trying to play PAL PS2 games legit isn't something I want to deal with so emulation it is! So far the game plays perfectly on my PC. Hopefully I'll be able to play through the whole game without issues.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

A melange of Saints Row for PS5 (made my boss such a himbo beast), Far Cry 6, Journey to Savage Planet, Borderlands 3 as Amara, Dead by Daylight, Dying Light 2 and High on Life.
ConsoleHandheldGamer
16-bit

Post by ConsoleHandheldGamer »

I started Persona 5 Royal on my switch and I'm now about 8 hours into it. Now I'm exploring and battling, I'm getting into it.
RobertAugustdeMeijer
24-bit

Post by RobertAugustdeMeijer »

Rain World is kicking my ass.
I love how it doesn't explain things. I don't love how experimenting is so punishing.