What are you playing?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Raging Justice »

So I will just link to this thread regarding my final thoughts on Unbound...which I won't be finishing after all. Read the second post of that thread

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=53717

Every time you are really enjoying a game, it has to be ruined by super hardcore bullshit that requires that you die fifty billion times before finally getting lucky and completing a section

Stuff like this is absolutely revolting to me and I literally hate the people who design stuff like this. I wish there was a way to get a refund on this game
marurun

Post by marurun »

Raging Justice wrote: I literally hate the people who design stuff like this.

Wait, because you don't agree with a particular game design decision, you "literally hate" the people who make that decision for their game? That's... That's a lot...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Vampire survivors. Simple yet addictive. Nice nod to castlevania as well. Well worth 3 bucks.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I've been slowly buying some of the top Wii U titles, but they mostly gather dust while I play Dr. Luigi and Pinball Arcade.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

marurun wrote:
Raging Justice wrote: I literally hate the people who design stuff like this.

Wait, because you don't agree with a particular game design decision, you "literally hate" the people who make that decision for their game? That's... That's a lot...

His username checks out.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

...I've mainly been logging hours in Forza Horizon 5, but I also just started Ace Combat 7 in addition to needing to get back to Bloodborne. Towerfall Ascension is my family gaming pick of choice and I have a blast playing against my kids. On the classic side of things, it's been Super Street Fighter II, Lightening Force (I still can't believe this was misspelled :lol: ) , Fire Shark, and Midnight Resistance.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

God it is hard to be a beat 'em up fan these days *sigh*

So I've just had the misfortune of playing Dawn of the Monsters from Wayforward and Young Souls, two of the latest indie beat 'em ups to hit the PS4. I can honestly say I rank both games among THE WORST beat 'em ups I HAVE EVER PLAYED.

PURE...FUCKING...SHIT

The gameplay...my god, the gameplay. Within five minutes of playing each of these games you will want to put the controller down and do something else. There is nothing even remotely fun about the combat in these games. You characters are slow, weak, and can't do jack shit. The combat is so soulless. Nothing you do FEELS fun or even LOOKS fun. You're just hitting buttons and watching things die in the most bland and boring ways.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Now that I've finished Tales of Vesperia (review coming someday XP), I've moved onto playing some of the eShop games I got on my 3DS. I got to the credits in Box Life today, which was indeed a great suggestion from AJ. Super fun! Hard to turn off the "frantically hunting for how to make cubes" part of my brain after though :lol:

I also started Dillon's Rolling Western yesterday. It's pretty good fun~. The only thing is the New 3DS XL itself that I'm playing on. Having to use the circle pad & L button as well as the touch pad to play just gives it the Kid Icarus: Uprising problem to a good degree. I wanna keep playing it, but my hands cramp too much to play more than 20-ish minutes at a time Xp

As for my future 3DS adventures, I did buy Ace Attorney 5 AGES ago and never play it, sure, but I also glanced at the eShop today and found that Capcom was having another sale, so I nabbed Ace Attorney 6 for $5 credit that I still had for when I eventually get back to playing more Ace Attorney :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ack

Post by Ack »

I'm still chugging away at getting the last few achievements in Just Cause 2. The big one right now is clearing 75% of the game. I beat the main story around 50% and have now worked my way up to 69% clearance, but there is still plenty more to do and destroy.

In Dark Souls Remastered, I have two bosses left: Kalameet and Gwyn. So basically the expansion optional boss and the final boss. I could buck the Kalameet fight entirely and just go focus on beating the game, but the optional boss fight is against a dragon, which is pretty dang cool.

Aside from that, I've been checking out Medieval Dynasty, a survival game that morphs into a town-running sim as you advance. Got a bunch of titles I either picked up and set down or need to fully wrap up too, so maybe I'll get around to doing that soon.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Now that I've wrapped a very long game (for me), I'm trying to decide which way to go in terms of really digging into a game. I'm still playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with my kid and occasionally the wife and I'm really looking forward to the new tracks dropping soon. I started up Mario vs Rabbids and will probably work on that next, but I don't know if that's going to be my main game or a side game. I have a bunch of eshop titles I've been pinging around to, including the recent Pang release that I've been playing with my kid as well. Pang, however, seems to have a difficulty jump in the 3rd area that my kid can't deal well with, so I'm not sure about that one.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.