Nintendo: Project Cafe - Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Wii 2 Codenamed 'Project Cafe'

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

The specs on the controller reminded me of this:

Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Update: Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

sevin0seven wrote:
Update: Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television.

You know what that means, right? Perfect Dreamcast emulation. :wink:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Sideroller wrote:Interesting. It would be cool if you could use the controller as a type of GameBoy like device - but that would seem weird since Nintendo just came out with the 3DS...

EDIT: On the other hand it won't be out until 2012 or later so I guess that's a fair amount of time between then.

This is what I first thought, as well.. Would definitely give the Virtual Console service more bang for your buck!
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Question: Why would Nintendo announce a console not coming out until 2012, wouldn't it really hurt the Wii's sales until then? We still have a Christmas season before its "release date", what would they gain by announcing it now?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I dunno...

Six inch touch screen? On the controller? The thing is gonna be massive. That just doesn't sound right to me.

People bitched about the original Xbox controller. This would be bigger.

There must be details here that are missing or being misunderstood somewhere along the line of information.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

kgcarini wrote:
racketboy wrote:The Wiimote is such a pain for most things (including for Netflix or even just the main menu)

I have never had problems navigating menus with the wiimote. I prefer it for netflix; however, if your out range it is annoying.

Yeah it must be the combination of the sensor bar placement and the couch locations.
At my house it can be tolerable at time depending on where you are sitting and you often have to be sitting up or raise your arm. At Sarah's apartment, you have to search forever before you find the cursor unless you are standing up in the middle of the room. Really annoying when you just want to watch Netflix or play a Gamecube game.
I don't know why they just don't give you the option of using the D Pad
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

CFFJR wrote:...Six inch touch screen? On the controller? The thing is gonna be massive. That just doesn't sound right to me.

Those were my first thoughts exactly. I actually got out a ruler for visual-aid sake and good lord...that thing would be huge. Unless they make the controller detachable, so you can walk around with the suggested streamed content, then that size seems a bit impractical (if not uncomfortable.)
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

emwearz wrote:Question: Why would Nintendo announce a console not coming out until 2012, wouldn't it really hurt the Wii's sales until then? We still have a Christmas season before its "release date", what would they gain by announcing it now?

DSi XL .. meet the announcement of the 3DS.

Facetiousness aside, I can't imagine that sales of Wii hardware will be buoying Nintendo along through this Christmas season. Have you seen the January - June Wii release list? The 3DS has completely cannibalized it. How many more people can Nintendo sell a Wii to, anyway? We need some Wii software to look forward to .. Wii Play Motion, hurray! Well, you say, look at the Virtual Conso-- I mean the WiiWa-- hmmmm. When stacked up against the competition, Nintendo isn't offering anything except a port of an N64 game that requires (they are clearly banking on) a new system purchase.

Bleh.
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

CFFJR wrote:I dunno...

Six inch touch screen? On the controller? The thing is gonna be massive. That just doesn't sound right to me.

There must be details here that are missing or being misunderstood somewhere along the line of information.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this one. I remember before the Wii was fully revealed there was a ton of speculation about the "Revolution" controller. I remember reading dozens of "confirmed" reports that the controller had a touch screen. Many were more outlandish. The only thing they had in common was that they were all wrong.

Also, what kind of idiots would put a touch screen on a motion sensing controller? I'm not talking 3DS gyro here. I guess if they scale back the motion controls to gyro that's be fine, but I remain skeptical that they'll want to do that.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link