PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
coldjim

Re: PS2 Special Edition Games List Guide

Post by coldjim »

Theres a 'Dragonball Z:Budokai 3 Collectors Edition' that isn't up on the list.
Here is a picture:

Just thought id try help out!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

I just got this in the mail a couple of days ago won off ebay, MTV Music Generator 2 Sampler Kit. It comes in a bigbox (kinda like Growlanser Deluxe) with instructions a mic, and a dongle device that hooks up through PS2s USB to allow the import of audio samples that can then be used in your Music Generator 2 tracks.

I believe this was only available through Codemasters website, and it dosent come with the game unfortunately so I'm not sure it'll make your list CRT. For those intrested in PS2 music generator 2 creation theres also a hack using the Sing Star dongle where you cut the plastic out around the inputs to allow connections of other jacks other than a Sing Star Mic. This would have the same effect of the MTV Sampler Kit incase you cant find one.

Edit:O.P.M Dec. Issue 75- comes w/ Final Fantasy X-2 Eternal Calm Demo, Prequel video to the FFX-2 game!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

coldjim wrote:There's a 'Dragonball Z:Budokai 3 Collectors Edition' that isn't up on the list.

Just thought id try help out!
Thanks and welcome to Racketboy! I already have a similar title on the OP List. However, it does look to be a different version compared to what I posted before:

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Collector's Edition (Poster, Art Book)

I added your input, Thankyou! :D

Dragonball Z: Budokai 3 Collectors Edition GH or PAL (Bonus DVD, Costumes, Duel Language)

Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Budokai#Budokai_3

The game released in Japan by Bandai on February 10, 2005. Like Budokai 2 before it, the Japanese version of Budokai 3 added several costumes not present in the North American and European versions. The North American Greatest Hits version of Budokai 3 adds these costumes, as well as the option to switch the audio to Japanese for the first time in North America. This version was also released in Europe as a re-release of the game under the title Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 - Director's Cut. From this release onwards, all Dragon Ball Z games in North America and Europe were released with dual voice language options in English and Japanese in order to please all fans

TEKTORO wrote:I just got this in the mail a couple of days ago won off ebay, MTV Music Generator 2 Sampler Kit. It comes in a bigbox (kinda like Growlanser Deluxe) with instructions a mic, and a dongle device that hooks up through PS2s USB to allow the import of audio samples that can then be used in your Music Generator 2 tracks.

I believe this was only available through Codemasters website, and it dosent come with the game unfortunately so I'm not sure it'll make your list CRT. For those intrested in PS2 music generator 2 creation theres also a hack using the Sing Star dongle where you cut the plastic out around the inputs to allow connections of other jacks other than a Sing Star Mic. This would have the same effect of the MTV Sampler Kit in case you can't find one.
That sampler adapter looks interesting. Thanks a lot, now I am on the hunt for it, might have to get that Singstar Mic set for a later mod. Great info on that hack! Even though the software is separate, worth adding to the OP List for the obscurity, Thanks! :D

MTV Music Generator 2 Sampler Kit (Mic, Audio Sample Adapter)

TEKTORO wrote:O.P.M Dec. Issue 75- comes w/ Final Fantasy X-2 Eternal Calm Demo, Prequel video to the FFX-2 game!
There are numerous Demo discs that have features not found on the final copy. This can be huge, a separate listing?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Yes, the FFX-2 eternal calm could be a seperate listing the demo is an exclusive video leading into FFX-2, a nice companion for a 2 disc set.
The Sampler kit is well considerable too since the actual game can fit in the box naturally.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Suikoden IV has a preorder art book.
Grandia III has two discs.
Yakuza 2 has two discs.

Not sure if you're really including JP region stuff, but if you are,

-Nippon Ichi srpg limited editions. (I think there's one for each game, but there's at least one for Disgaea / 2, and Phantom Kingdom.) Art book and soundtrack.

-Gensou Suikoden IV and V limited editions. (IV has an art book and keychain. V has a bunch of stuff, I think. Not really sure what)

-Wlld Arms 3, Gensou Suikoden IV and V each have clear cases and double sided covers.

-Final Fantasy X and X International each have bonus DVDs. Dragon Quest V has a bonus DQ VIII DVD. Final Fantasy XII International has a bonus DVD. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ has two game discs.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

TEKTORO wrote:Yes, the FFX-2 eternal calm could be a separate listing the demo is an exclusive video leading into FFX-2, a nice companion for a 2 disc set.

The Sampler kit is well considerable too since the actual game can fit in the box naturally.
Good idea on the FFX-2 demo disc, worth looking into collecting for the bonus video. The Shadow of the Colossus Demo also worth getting, it has a "bug" to explore the top of the mountain that the statues are in.

That sampler kit really caught my interest, I'm going to keep an eye out. If I see the Sing Star microphones on the cheap, I may go that route. There are numerous and more powerful sampler programs for the PC and Mac with hard drive capability though. It would be nice if there is a sound sampler program that took advantage of the fat PS2 Hard Drive. Just another thing to watch, maybe a Japanese or modded version that does this.

pierrot wrote:Suikoden IV has a preorder art book.
Grandia III has two discs.
Yakuza 2 has two discs.

Not sure if you're really including JP region stuff, but if you are,

-Nippon Ichi srpg limited editions. (I think there's one for each game, but there's at least one for Disgaea / 2, and Phantom Kingdom.) Art book and soundtrack.

-Gensou Suikoden IV and V limited editions. (IV has an art book and keychain. V has a bunch of stuff, I think. Not really sure what)

-Wlld Arms 3, Gensou Suikoden IV and V each have clear cases and double sided covers.

-Final Fantasy X and X International each have bonus DVDs. Dragon Quest V has a bonus DQ VIII DVD. Final Fantasy XII International has a bonus DVD. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ has two game discs.

:idea: Absolutely interested in ALL Special Editions to include the list! :mrgreen:

Amazing what is all out there, thanks for the additions. Added all of your list (except the Final Fantasies which are already appear) to the OP List. :D

Suikoden IV (Preorder Artbook)

Grandia III (Two Disc Game)

Yakuza 2 (Japan 2 Game Discs)
The two disc does not have any new content, just DVD5 over the single DVD9.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (Bonus Soundtrack CD)

Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories (Bonus Soundtrack CD)

Suikoden IV (Japan Artbook, Keychain, Reversible Cover)

Suikoden V (Japan Artbook, Reversible Cover)

Wlld Arms 3 (Japan Clear Case Reversible Cover)

Dragon Quest V (Japan Dragon Quest VIII DVD Preview)
http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/133150

Time marched forward and a couple of months before Dragon Quest VIII released on the PS2, Dragon Quest V saw a release and an extensive remake guided by the hands of its creator on the same platform. It even came with a DVD preview of Dragon Quest VIII. The game was released on March 25th, 2004 and then rereleased on July 20th, 2006 under the Ultimate Hits label. Together, the remake sold 1.8 million copies, creating a record for the highest sales of a remade game not in a compilation for Japan.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ (Japan 2 Game Discs)

Added another:

Suikoden 3 (Japan Music CD, Metallic Crest, Figurine, 2 Mouse Pads, Reversible Cover)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Havent gone through the thread in a while,

But this Greatest hits game in a long line of many with the Bonus Disc orange stripe on the bottom.

Call of Duty 3 Special Edition

I almost had a chance to buy it some time ago at my job. But I took too long to get it. It went to zero and sent back to the warehouse.

It was clearance and in some old unseen part of the store. I couldn't buy it when I asked the supervisor. I wasn't gonna pay $20 for it.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

I just checked some of mine and there are a few which don't seem to be on the main list.
(I'll check all the rest of mine later when I get some more time)

These are all PAL releases, so I'm not sure if these particular versions had NTSC counterparts:

-King Kong (Limited Collectors Edition)
2-disc steelbook w/ plastic slip cover. Includes a bonus DVD and limited edition game art.

-Resident Evil 4 (Limited Edition). The one already on the list is the Premium Edition.
single disc steelbook. Includes an "exclusive game guide booklet"

-Silent Hill 2 (Special 2-Disc Set)
Digipak style packaging with outer cover.
Includes a Making of featurette, trailers, biographies, etc, and exclusive SH2 collectors sticker.

-Tomb Raider Anniversary (Collectors Edition 3-Disc Set)
Digipak style packaging with outer cover
Includes a Retrospective Documentary, Exclusive Soundtrack Disc, and a gallery of TR artwork and collection of trailers.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

flojocabron wrote:Havent gone through the thread in a while,

But this Greatest hits game in a long line of many with the Bonus Disc orange stripe on the bottom.

Call of Duty 3 Special Edition

I almost had a chance to buy it some time ago at my job. But I took too long to get it. It went to zero and sent back to the warehouse.

It was clearance and in some old unseen part of the store. I couldn't buy it when I asked the supervisor. I wasn't gonna pay $20 for it.
Thanks, added to the OP. :D

Call of Duty 3 Special Edition Greatest Hits (2nd Disc DVD)

Thierry Henry wrote:I just checked some of mine and there are a few which don't seem to be on the main list.
(I'll check all the rest of mine later when I get some more time)

These are all PAL releases, so I'm not sure if these particular versions had NTSC counterparts:

-King Kong (Limited Collectors Edition)
2-disc steelbook w/ plastic slip cover. Includes a bonus DVD and limited edition game art.

-Resident Evil 4 (Limited Edition). The one already on the list is the Premium Edition.
single disc steelbook. Includes an "exclusive game guide booklet"

-Silent Hill 2 (Special 2-Disc Set)
Digipak style packaging with outer cover.
Includes a Making of featurette, trailers, biographies, etc, and exclusive SH2 collectors sticker.

-Tomb Raider Anniversary (Collectors Edition 3-Disc Set)
Digipak style packaging with outer cover
Includes a Retrospective Documentary, Exclusive Soundtrack Disc, and a gallery of TR artwork and collection of trailers.

Some great discoveries! Added to the OP, Thank You! :D

King Kong (PAL Bonus DVD, Game Art, Steelbook Case Peter Jackson's Signature

Resident Evil 4 Limited Edition (PAL Steelbook, Game Guide Booklet)

Silent Hill 2 (PAL Digipak Packaging, 2nd Disc DVD, Silent Hill Sticker)

Tomb Raider Anniversary (PAL Digipak Packaging, 2nd Disc DVD, 3rd Disc Soundtrack)

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Added yet another PS2 game to the OP List. :D

Bully Special Edition (Special Case, Dodge Ball, Comic Book)