Playstation 2 games that support mouse and keyboard via USB?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
darth_blunted
24-bit

Re: Playstation 2 games that support mouse and keyboard via USB?

Post by darth_blunted »

Guys just for the validation of pong the next level I am going to crack it open! lets hope it works woth trackball! It's! it's! it's! 100% confirmed not to work with pong the next level :cry: What a waste! :lol: oh well I guess I am playing pong the next level Today!!! (eh I bought them to play I guess)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

darth_blunted wrote:Guys just for the validation of pong the next level I am going to crack it open! lets hope it works woth trackball! It's! it's! it's! 100% confirmed not to work with pong the next level :cry: What a waste! :lol: oh well I guess I am playing pong the next level Today!!! (eh I bought them to play I guess)
A shame, you could try the Smart Joy Frag adaptor mentioned on the first page.

darth_blunted wrote:Looking through my ps1 stuff right now I'll get back to you. Ok it works with Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits The Atari collection 1....sorry for the confusion. 100% confirmed I am playing it now. Works with Centipede, Missle Command, Super Breakout, and tempest! 100%confirmed
I just confirmed the Atari Anniversary Edition Redux as well. ALL the games work with the PS1 Mouse and the Nyco Trakball! :mrgreen:

Da Games
Asteroids - Thrust and Fire controlled by L and R buttons, spin the ship with the ball.
Asteroids Deluxe - Thrust and Fire controlled by L and R buttons, spin the ship with the ball.
Battlezone - Move forward and back cumbersome with the Trakball.
Black Widow - Movement quick response with the Trakball.
Centipede - Perfect!
Gravitar - Thrust and Fire controlled by L and R buttons, spin the ship with the ball.
Missile Command - Perfect!
Pong - Perfect! This one the pinacle for precise Spinner/Trakball control required.
Space Duel - Thrust and Fire controlled by L and R buttons, spin the ship with the ball.
Super Breakout - Perfect! As in Pong, precise control of Trakball.
Tempest - Perfect!
Warlords - Works fine.

The only game that did not work well with a Trakball is Battle Zone. Thats okay, it works great with the Twin Sticks! 8)

One thing I love about PS1 Arcade Compilations over other console releases. All the custom controls and DIP switches! You can even adjust EVERY button and direction to any custom setting.
Attachments
PSX Nyco Trakball 02.jpg
PSX Nyco Trakball 02.jpg (198.73 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
PSX Nyco Trakball 01.jpg
PSX Nyco Trakball 01.jpg (230.2 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

It's nice to know we got 2 more confirmed trackball/mouse games on the list. I could have sworn I have another game that works with the trackball that isn't on the list....just can't remember what game it was and I am not trying 230 games just to find out. (I own 230 real ps1 games :wink: )
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Tempest X3 :mrgreen:

L Button = Shoot
R Button = Super Zapper

Both Buttons Pauses the game.

A great review:
http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/tx3.htm

Break out the regular controller for some cheats:

Bonus game options
Earn a high score and enter "H_V_S" or "YIFF!" as initials, where "_" indicates a space. Then, Tempest 2000 and Tempest Plus will be new options on the game selection menu.

Frequent power-ups
Start a game in Temptest X3 mode and shoot the first target in the stage. Next, shoot the supperzapper before the power-up reaches the top of the grid. Do not take this power-up. Then, you will receive power-ups from most of the targets you shoot.

Cheat mode
At the "Select Game Type" menu, press R1 + L1 + Triangle + Circle + Up/Left + Select + Start. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a grinding noise. Then, enter one of the following controller actions to activate the corresponding cheat function:

Trippy mode
At any screen, hold R1 + L2 + Triangle + X, then press Up.

Hidden song
At any screen, hold R1 + L2 + Triangle + X, then press Down. Now the starting screen will appear and a hidden song will begin playing.

MOD song
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Right. Now the next stage will have music played in .MOD format.

Remix song
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Left. Now the next stage will have remixed music.

Level skip
While playing the game and when the web contains no enemies, press R1 + L2 to skip to the next level. The web will have no enemies at the beginning of the level, or after pressing L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 and using a Superzapper.

A.I. Droid
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Down. If you entered the code correctly, the A.I. Droid will say "Attack". Then, complete the current stage without losing a life. Now the first power-up on the next stage will be the A.I. Droid.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Thanks for the lesson, guys. I just learned all kinds of new stuff.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

CRTGAMER wrote:Tempest X3 :mrgreen:

L Button = Shoot
R Button = Super Zapper

Both Buttons Pauses the game.

A great review:
http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/tx3.htm

Break out the regular controller for some cheats:

Bonus game options
Earn a high score and enter "H_V_S" or "YIFF!" as initials, where "_" indicates a space. Then, Tempest 2000 and Tempest Plus will be new options on the game selection menu.

Frequent power-ups
Start a game in Temptest X3 mode and shoot the first target in the stage. Next, shoot the supperzapper before the power-up reaches the top of the grid. Do not take this power-up. Then, you will receive power-ups from most of the targets you shoot.

Cheat mode
At the "Select Game Type" menu, press R1 + L1 + Triangle + Circle + Up/Left + Select + Start. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a grinding noise. Then, enter one of the following controller actions to activate the corresponding cheat function:

Trippy mode
At any screen, hold R1 + L2 + Triangle + X, then press Up.

Hidden song
At any screen, hold R1 + L2 + Triangle + X, then press Down. Now the starting screen will appear and a hidden song will begin playing.

MOD song
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Right. Now the next stage will have music played in .MOD format.

Remix song
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Left. Now the next stage will have remixed music.

Level skip
While playing the game and when the web contains no enemies, press R1 + L2 to skip to the next level. The web will have no enemies at the beginning of the level, or after pressing L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 and using a Superzapper.

A.I. Droid
While playing the game, hold L2 + R1 + Triangle, + X, then press Down. If you entered the code correctly, the A.I. Droid will say "Attack". Then, complete the current stage without losing a life. Now the first power-up on the next stage will be the A.I. Droid.

Wow! That spinner mod is nice!!! So is this another added game to the list?? Or was it on there already? You should put a tutorial on the hacks & mods section because that spinner is looking nice!!! (I am sure it's an easy mod to do)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

darth_blunted wrote:Wow! That spinner mod is nice!!! So is this another added game to the list?? Or was it on there already? You should put a tutorial on the hacks & mods section because that spinner is looking nice!!! (I am sure it's an easy mod to do)
Not mine, check that link above in my previous Reply. A gutted Nyco Trakball for PSX Mouse games. It does look nice, very limited to just a few Mouse games.

But yes, PS1 Tempest X3 is Mouse/Nyco Trakball compatible. 8)
Updated the Wiki entry and the list on the previous page.

Here is my Arcade Spinner Mod, supports a lot more systems and games:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353752#p353752

darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

CRTGAMER wrote:
darth_blunted wrote:Wow! That spinner mod is nice!!! So is this another added game to the list?? Or was it on there already? You should put a tutorial on the hacks & mods section because that spinner is looking nice!!! (I am sure it's an easy mod to do)
Not mine, check that link above in my previous Reply. A gutted Nyco Trakball for PSX Mouse games. It does look nice, very limited to just a few Mouse games.

But yes, PS1 Tempest X3 is Mouse/Nyco Trakball compatible. 8)
Updated the Wiki entry and the list on the previous page.

Here is my Arcade Spinner Mod, supports a lot more systems and games:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353752#p353752

I like that Zaxxon control panel! I like this better than the spinner trackball!!! Very Retro indeed!
darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

We need to add this to the list of mouse and trackball supported games! confirmed!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTuJ7YtzP2Y
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

darth_blunted wrote:We need to add this to the list of mouse and trackball supported games! confirmed!!!

<Galaxian 3>
THANKS! I have this Rail Shooter, forgot all about it. Also had a chance to try the Mini Theater Arcade version once. Updated the list on page one.

I'll update the Wiki post later.

This other Older Thread needs to be continued!

What's Your Favorite Arcade Cabinet?