wires for soldering?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
atriumm

wires for soldering?

Post by atriumm »

i bought a modchip for my saturn from racketboy but i need to know what kind of wires i need to solder it to the saturn with thanks
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

it comes already with wires
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Though extra 28 AWG wire is never a bad thing to have around.
atriumm

Post by atriumm »

the red wire came off of it so i need a replacement wire i cant find any at any stores ive tried walmart and radio shack
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

fastbilly told you exactly the kind to get... '28 AWG wire'

personally if I run out of wire and I'm feeling cheap, I go through my boxes and find old IDE cables from computers that I don't use anymore and strip the cable down into individual wires and use it. It works really well. But that is me... I have IDE cables and other pointless computer parts just lieing around the house doing nothing. I probably could build like 4 computers out of all the shit I just have sitting here. (that's on top of the 8 computers already built and running right now)

It's also great for doing console mods when you have to tape down the wire flat to the mobo (i.e. PS2 modchip or Saturn Region mod) the stuff is really flexible and easy to maneuver around all over the place.

the more I think about it... I own way to many computers. I literally have atleast one computer in each room. 2 in my bedroom, 1 in the living room, 1 in the backroom, 2 in the garage, 1 in the spare bedroom, and a server in a closet that handles all the network protocols and serves as storage with over a terrabyte in space.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

do you ever use all those computers??